𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢. the third world

chapter seventeen

chapter seventeen. . .
the third world

"TOTO, WE'RE NOT in Kanas anymore." Clary quipped causing Malia to pull her attention of the small flakes that fell down the from the sky. Since stepping into the Seelie Glade she had been memorised by the beauty of it. The bright green leaves on the trees and the grass and the warmth of the sun that hit her skin whenever she stepped out from the shade. Meliorn was prepared to do a good deed for those who had saved him from his execution. He knew that Clary had been in search of Valentine Morgenstern since he held captive Jocelyn Fairchild, getting back her mother was her main priority.

Meliorn led the four Shadowhunters, Malia, Clary, Jace and Ben through the forest of the Seelie Glade happy to be of their assistance. "Welcome to the Seelie Glade, Clary Fairchild and Malia Adams." The brunette had been picking the flakes that fell onto her and tangled in her long healthy locks, but with the warm welcoming from the Seelie she smiled in response. "The remotest edges of it."

"How did we get here?" Clary asked.

"There are entrances all through the mundane world." Ben replied as his hands fell into the pocket of his leather jacket sitting on his back.

"You just have to know where to look." Meliorn told whilst glancing over his shoulders at the four Shadowhunters who continued to keep up with him through their traipse in the woods.

Malia admitted that the Seelie Glade was beautiful but she wondered how this was going to help them find Valentine. "But why did we have to come here to find Clary's father?" She asked.

"Because of the necklace." Meliorn answered as he gestured to the purple shard hanging around Clary's neck. "It's a Portal shard." He stated.

Jace's eyes rolled. "Tell us something we don't know."

"How does it work?"

"When I touch the crystal and I think of someone, I can see where they are." Clary explained.

"I'm curious, Shadowhunter," Malia raised a brow. "who knows so much about Portals, did you never wonder why this Portal shard doesn't behave the way normal Portals do?" Meliorn questioned, and it had caused Malia to look between Ben and Jace who usually had the answers to everything.

"Normal Portals can only take you to places you've been." Jace stated. "I guess I never really thought about it."

"I see Isabelle is the smart one in the family." Malia chuckled, guessing that Meliorn still had feelings for the Lightwood. But neither did Ben or Jace find the comment funny that the Seelie had made and it caused Meliorn to stay on topic. "Your Portal shard words the way it does because it's a piece of a Portal from another dimension."