𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐱. rekindling with those distant

chapter thirty-nine

chapter thirty-nine. . .
rekindling with those distant

JACE GRIPPED ONTO the back of Malia's head to deepen the kiss they both stood in with hope of getting some time alone together. Malia had been sleeping in the Fairchild's room for the couple of nights where she had been thinking of what to do with Simon. The Bellerose had been able to talk to Simon, in person, able to see where he stood and where his state of mind was he wanted to be left alone and if anything was to happen he would call one of his best friends, the one who he was on good terms with.

The Herondale had noticed how Malia had been trying to be the glue that brought Clary and Simon back together until she had known that it was for Simon to be able to talk to the Fairchild. Jace had felt like had had to take Malia's mind off of it and the best way to do that was through intimacy and where she was at her happiest, with him.

Jace bit playfully down on Malia's lip, tugging it slightly as her forehead rested against his from where she had been rested on his desk within his room. A moment alone was what they both had needed together. They had been caught up with the heat with their deepened kiss, how their lips moved against each other's that they had thought of the next step. Jace pulled the shirt in which Malia wore, his fingers brushing against her stomach before hooking onto the top of her shirt to allow her legs to wrap around him.

Malia pulled away for some air as she patted Jace on his chest. "You have nowhere to be right now, Malia." He told as she knew he was teasing him, making him continuously want more.

"No, I don't. But I know when to slow down." Malia said as she gripped onto Jace's hand to pull from moving further down her skirt. "This is still new."

"I know it's still new." Jace exclaimed as he pouted at the brunette. "I've just been...I've been wanting you since knowing the truth."

"You're cute, Herondale." Malia commented before gripping onto the collar of his leather jacket to pull him forward for another kiss.

Jace grinned into the kiss as he had caught the back of Malia's thigh to pull it closer to his waist before his hands rubbed up her thigh to pull back her skirt to show off more of her skin. Malia's fingers ran through the nape of Jace's neck before she thought of pushing is leather jacket off of his back and to fall at his feet. Jace raised a brow as his fingers fumbled on the blouse in which Malia wore just as the door to his room had swung open causing her to jump as she pushed herself away from Jace.

Ben had stepped into the room causing her to immediately turn to buttoning back up the button of her blouse to hide her bra. "Hey..." His voice trailed off as he looked up from his phone before realising on the situation he had just walked into causing his eyes to wien. "Oh, my God. Did I just walk in on you--?" He grimaced as he pinched the bridge of his nose. "I-I didn't see anything." Ben reassured.