𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢. a mole close to home

chapter twenty-two

chapter twenty-two. . .
a mole close to home

ISABELLE LIGHTWOOD WALKED towards the four making their way back through the Institute. They all had been thinking about what had happened at Ragnor Fell's home. A Shax demon showing out of nowhere was believed to be not of a coincidence. Malia understood where Jace and Ben had come from as they thought about the chances of their being a mole within their home. That someone must've told Valentine of what their plans may have had been and that allowed the Morgenstern to track them. It ruined the one chance to getting Jocelyn awake, and it seemed as if they were back on square one.

The Lightwood her focus on Alec's wedding. It was the only other thing that everyone had their attention it. It had to be perfect and pretty. Malia doubted it showcased Alec's actual feelings and which was why she wasn't so interested about it, even though she was forced to go and be supportive when she knew that there was something going on between Alec and Magnus just by the encounter in the morning.

"Jace, Ben," Isabelle called the two blondes. "you're coming to Alec's Bachelor party, right?" She asked with hope that the'd be there for the Parabatai.

"Nope." Ben replied coldly. He would expecting the invite from Alec than his sister. "He doesn't want us there and we're swamped, so..."

Isabelle's brows furrowed as she guessed this was the longest that the three boys hadn't been talking for. "You guys seriously haven't worked things out?" She questioned as she joined the four in their walk.

"There's nothing to work out." Jace spoke up as he hoped for the topic to be left alone. "If he wants to talk, we'll talk."  

"He's your parabatai." Isabelle exclaimed with a reminder both boy's needed to hear.

Jace had slowed to a stop where his eyes had narrowed on Lydia Branwell, far deep in conversation to notice the Wayland and his hard stare on her. Malia blew into her lips as she rubbed the back of her neck thinking about the chances that Lydia could be the mole and which had led to Ragnor's death. "We have more important things going on than a bachelor party. Come with me." Isabelle was confused, she had wondered what had happened on the trip to bringing the warlock who created the potion for Jocelyn back to the Institute. Malia's hands slid into the pocket of her denim moto jacket before standing with Jace in the training room. "We have a mole in the Institute." He concluded.

Isabelle's eyes widened as she believed no one was capable of betraying them. "We were attacked by a Shax demon when we went to Ragnor Fell." Clary informed.

"The attack couldn't have been coincidence." Ben added.

Malia hummed. "Yeah, Valentine was probably tracking us." She explained.