𝐯. in your blood

chapter five

chapter five. . .
in your blood

    AS SIMON SAT in danger, Malia only thought about how they were possibly going to get him back from vampires who expected a Mortal Cup that neither her or Clary had. And the thing was, all she wanted to do was rescue her mundane friend from the possibility of death, and at the moment, she wondered how they were going to get their hands on the Mortal Cup which they knew nothing about. Malia had remembered the demon that attacked her in her own home, asking her for something she didn't have. She questioned how long were they going to have before the worse happened to Simon.

The brunette walked by the side of Clary and following behind them were Alec, Ben, Jace and Isabelle, all listening to what Clary had to say. With their journey back to the New York Institute, hidden within a church that was blind to the naked eye of mundanes. Clary had tried to grasp what she was being told from the floods of information she had received. "I don't understand. How can Shadowhunters be better than...than what you people call mundanes?" Clary questioned as her hand slapped against her thighs as she questioned what world she had been hidden from.

The four slowed to a stop as the two girls trying to figure out their secret life turned to look back at them. "Because we protect humans." Isabelle answered.

Clary sighed. You're right." The girl replied before turning quickly on her feet to glare at the four who were of no help to what had happened to Simon. "Humans. You protect humans. You left Simon all alone in the van. Great job, guys. You rock." She snapped.

"There is some truth to the idea that human beings should have a modicum of common sense." Alec remarked.

Malia's eyes narrowed on the older Lightwood who seemed to continue to have a lot to say since they're arrival into the Institute. "Oh, please." The girl threw her head back as she tried to bare through the bad energy that Alec carried around with him. "Not now. Okay, I have been asking this question since we made our way back here. How did I know he was in trouble? Do any of you have an idea?"

Ben's head shook. "We don't have answers for you, right now, Malia." He told. "We'll figure it out. In the meantime we need to think about how we're going to get Sam back."

"Simon." Malia corrected as a glare fixated on her face.

"That's what I meant." Ben defended himself.

"Look," Malia's eyes trailed onto Jace who had noticed within the hard stare on the brunette's face there was a mix of worry and panic. "they won't do anything to Simon. They just wanted to draw you out. They want the Cup, and they think you have it." Jace told.