Start Your Engines, Part 2

Power Rangers GPX, Episode 2: Start Your Engines, Part 2

:-:-:-: We're the best damn chance you've got, Power Rangers G-P-X, let's go! :-:-:-:

It was about 12:00 Tokyo time. For four hours, Sean and Kevin had been waiting nervously for when the text message telling them the time the car will come and the tension was getting thicker by the nanosecond. What was going on? Was this related to the robots? They hadn't thought about it at first, but now the appearance of the robots, coupled with the e-mails they received was starting make them think differently. Maybe since they received it around the same time the robots first showed up there was a possible connection.

Maria, meanwhile, also waited nervously, trying to keep herself calm through meditation. But no matter what she tried—tai chi, meditation, none of it seemed to calm her down. Way had that letter come to her? And what was this address it was talking about? Her suspicions about the robots were starting to become somewhat valid now, because of the internship offer she received two weeks ago, which strangely coincided with the first sighting of the robots. She could only wonder for now.

Daisuke and Hitomi also waited nervously. And they too, were thinking about the appearance of the robots and the e-mail they received two weeks ago. Daisuke thought about Sean's statements that he received an E-mail around the same time Daisuke and Hitomi received theirs. Hitomi, though, was more worried about her brother. Maybe he knew something she didn't know. "Brother?" She said.

"What is it, Hitomi?"

"What are you thinking about?"

"I'm just... thinking."

"Goddammit, this wait is pissing me off," said Sean.

"Easy Sean," said Kevin. He was trying to keep his friend calm, as usual. Being three years older and a little more academic, Kevin was much more mature than the hot-blooded and hot-headed Sean, but Kevin could be just as hot-blooded and hot-headed as Sean, even more at times.

"I wanna beat some robots," said Sean. "At least it's more relaxing than this!"

Kevin sighed at his friend. He was the same as always, itching for a fight. Or was he? Maybe he was just commenting on how much easier it is to fight robots than it is to wait for a text message that might contain your future in it!

"New reports of robot attacks have increased lately." the news program that was on TV caught their attention from their previous thoughts. "UN Officials have no comment on the recent attacks. Meanwhile, UFO sightings across the globe have increased over the past two weeks. The world militaries will not say anything, but they say they will do their best to monitor these events."

Strangely enough, all five people, Sean, Kevin, Daisuke, Maria and Hitomi were watching the news report. The slightly urgent tone of the report told them that there was indeed something going on. Although it seemed unlikely, it was possible that these UFO sighting and the sightings of the robots may have been connected.

Meanwhile, in space...

"Those stupid humans! Don't they realize they're being invaded?" A voice said in the black. The voice sounded like a big person.

"They're starting to catch on," said another voice. It belonged to a man, much more sinister. "Perhaps it will only be a matter of time before things get interesting."

"NO! I say we go down there and lay waste to EVERYTHING!"

"Calm down!" A much more sinister yet calm voice said; probably the leader. "We will destroy everything, but when the time is right. But once that time comes, the humans won't know what hit them!"