With Friends Like Her

Power Rangers GPX episode 12: With Friends Like Her

:-:-:-: We're the best damn chance you've got, Power Rangers GPX, let's GO! :-:-:-:

The Rangers returned "home" at 11:30 after the party ended at 11. Maria had already gone to bed. The others just got ready for and went to bed.

They'd received an earful from Col. Greene after they left the party about their failure to eliminate the macaque monster earlier, in a raised-voice lecture that made it obvious the man had done this before, and his comment about his own kids didn't come as a surprise. Assuming he lived, Daisuke vowed to never forget the sight of Sean trying to tune the man's lecture out like he was his own dad or mom or whatever, all while nursing bruised, but not swollen, left cheek. However, Col. Greene admonished the Japanese heir too, for not doing his part, which made Sean trollishly grin at him.

"I have received instructions from Col. Greene that you are to eliminate all targets," the red-colored, anime Chinese girl-like android Mei reminded Sean, while he brushed his teeth and he responded with a disgruntled expression.

"Haro, Haro, eliminate targets, Haro," the little copyright-infringing droid rolled past Sean's bare feet, only aggravating him worse, and he nudged it away from him. He would have kicked it if it probably didn't break every single bone in his foot if he tried.

He passed by Maria's door on the way to his room, and momentarily and hesitantly stopped in front of it. Then he raised his hand up to the doorknob, but quickly changed his mind and he raised it up to eye-level. "Can't believe I have to fucking do this," he muttered to himself before firmly knocking on her door. "Hey, Maria!" he called. "Sorry for yellin' at ya earlier. I was just kinda, mad, since you weren't being very nice. You also hurt Hitomi's feelings, so... think you can apologize to her? Also, my cheek still hurts and I want an apology for that, too!"

"Go away, gringo!"

"Don't fucking call me that, bitch!" he snapped, immediately wincing at his poor choice of words. "Sorry, sorry! You're not a bitch, you're awesome! But don't call me a gringo! Especially since we're in a country where our views on race don't matter!"

"I said fuck off!"

"Bah!" Sean scoffed as he turned away from the door and walked back to his room, muttering about how he didn't need to put up with that kind of bullshit.

He returned to his room, still plastered with hockey stuff, placed his iPhone on the nightstand next to his simple bed and flopped face-first onto it. Pulling the covers over his head, he settled in and turned his light off, filling his room with complete darkness, except for the lights trying to peek in through the blindfolds. He rested under a small Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess poster.

The rest of the Ranger house shortly fell silent, too. Everyone had their little before-bedtime "rituals". Kevin read from Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy. Daisuke also read a book, Miyamoto Musashi's famous The Book of Five Rings. Hitomi simply stayed up for a little while longer, drawing herself and Maria as Sailor Senshi, before getting disappointed, putting the brush down and going to bed in modest pink pajamas. Maria also went to sleep after staring up at the ceiling for what felt like an hour, feeling somewhere in her mind that she'd forgotten something.

An hour later, the Ranger house was dark, still and silent, save for the occasional creaking. The robots, Mei and Haro, also went to "sleep", which is just shutting off and recharging their batteries in a walk-in closet downstairs for several hours while they weren't needed.

A great big flash of light that would have immediately blinded a person engulfed the kitchen and quickly faded. Eleven silhouettes materialized. One of the silhouettes, noticeably bigger than the others, gestured to them and led them out of the kitchen and into the main foyer. The silhouette pointed at the stairs and the ten others quietly marched up them. Soon they split up into five pairs, all going to different rooms. They paused outside the Rangers's bedroom doors.