The New Suit

Being a Power Ranger isn't all it's cracked up to be. Well, that's the attitude after getting your ass handed to you just two days prior-which is exactly what the GPX Power Rangers were going through right now. A couple days prior, they fought the Zordonian general Phaedos who whipped them like a rented mule and came close to killing them before they escaped. What's more, the suits were so heavily damaged that the engineers and designers with Project Ranger found they couldn't fix the suits, forcing them to go to a new suit. Now usually, neither Power Rangers nor Super Sentai does this, but this story is different. Of course, this may seem silly, but since the suit was so heavily damaged, it of course, as stated previously, had to be changed. It didn't really matter to the Rangers, though. To be honest, they thought the old suit design was ugly.

At the moment, the Rangers were at the UN base underneath Tokyo, waiting for the lead designers and engineers to call them into a lab to decide on their next suit design. 

But first, Sean had to answer for his boneheaded mistakes earlier. He stood in front of the very unhappy Col. Greene and his desk. "You have anything to say, O'Callahan?"

"Am I in trouble?"

"No, but I do want to know where all the cookies went," said Col. Greene. "Of COURSE you're in trouble, O'Callahan!" He banged his fist on the desk, causing Sean to wince. "You almost got yourself and your team killed by trying to play hero!"

"I wanted to kick his ass!" Sean replied.

"That's not a good reason to be a superhero and you know it!" Greene replied. "I didn't fucking recruit you five to be a dumb fanboy's wet dream, you're supposed to save people!"

"Yes, sir," Sean said. "But why did you put me in charge?"

"I have my reasons," said Col. Greene. "For one thing, I wanted to pick the right leader; not the one the higher-ups wants. I mulled over you, Aparicio, O'Donnell--he probably would have been a good idea--but I landed on you. I don't know why. But I'm starting to doubt myself."

"Yes, sir," said Sean. "But I'm still the better idea."

"Maybe I should have Miyazawa in charge," said Greene.

"FUCK Miyazawa!" Sean replied.

"Why not?" Greene asked. "He did better than all of you."

"So?" Sean replied. "He was SHIT. Why the hell do you think I took command that first time!?"

"He's a pretty good soldier," said Greene. "But he'd probably fuck up in his own way."

This made Sean angry, and he took in a deep, sharp breath while trying to prevent, then letting his anger show in his face. "What the fuck do you want, Greene!?" Sean roared.

"I want a fucking leader!" Greene replied.

"I can play the dumb soldier if you want, do you want it!?" Sean shot back. "What the fuck do you want!?"

"I don't want the dumb soldier who got here kissing ass!" Col. Greene snapped back. "I want the hockey captain who non-verbally told his coach he was full of shit with his play on the ice, and the kid who refused to take shit from the school bullies!"

"What about Rich Boy!?"

"What did I just say!?" Greene replied. "He's set for life! He's never questioned the status quo! He froze in that first attack! I want someone not set for life, will question the status quo and takes charge the same way he did on the ice! But I also want him to admit he's made mistakes!"

"Is that it!?" Sean replied. "You want me to admit I made a mistake? FINE! I FUCKED UP! Ya fuckin' happy now!?"

"Not quite!" Greene replied.