Chapter 18

I do not own the Teen Wolf characters, but I do own my character Raviva and other characters that will occur and don't belong to Teen Wolf.

I wake up with a gasp, my pulse is quick and my lung feels empty. I panic as I try to get some air into my lungs but it doesn't work that easy.

Stiles is instantly at my side but the blood in my ears is too loud to hear what he says and I can't focus now anyway all I am focused at is bringing some air in my lungs.

But no matter how hard I try and how many breaths I take my lungs just won't fill and I begin to feel a little dizzy.

I look at my cousin in horror and he looks at me equally as terrified.

"Vive, you need to breathe." I finally hear him say. "You need to breathe slowly, like me."

It's only then I notice him holding my hand to his ribcage and feel the soft slow movements under my touch.

And I then I try my best. For him, because I see the horror in his eyes and I knew that they all couldn't lose another part of their pack.

Finally after a few attempts I get the hang of it and feel the much needed air fill my lungs.

"Thank you." I mumble leaning into him as I breathe in a relaxed pattern again.

However the worry doesn't leave his eyes and I know it's time to tell him why I've been waking up like this for the past three nights.

"He's not there anymore." I breathe and Stiles looks at me confused. "I used to meet him in his dreams every night, but now there's just nothing."

I begin to sob as my hand claw into his shirt. "I didn't have a dream for five days now."

He pats my back softly pulling me closer to him.

"He's dead. There's no other reason to explain it but that."

My voice breaks and I can't say another word as my body is shaking by heavy sobs.

Stiles calls me in sick at work that day and I stay with him at the loft watching some Supernatural but not even my favourite show can cheer me up right now.

In the evening he drives me to the hospital where he stands at Derek's bedside with me. I don't say a thing unlike all the other days I usually visit him. He wasn't in there anymore.

Either way Stiles didn't want to believe my strategy so he still starts talking. He updates him on some things with the pack as he didn't really know what else to talk about and I just stood beside him blending out his words.

"You need to wake up, lad." I snap back into reality as Stiles takes a step towards Derek's bed. "We need you. Vive needs you."

We leave the room after that and drive off home where I drift off in another dreamless sleep.

I wake up with a gasp, adrenaline pumping through my veins. I look around the room frantically before I discover what had awoken me so unpleasantly. Unlike most nights lately it hadn't been another panic attack.

I grab for the phone but it stops playing the song just before I can grab it. When I finally reach I see Melissa's name on the display and my heart clenches.

"He is dead." Is all that I can think as the phone started humming and buzzing again in my hand but it's like I'm frozen, too afraid to answer and hear her say it.

I couldn't endure her telling me what I have known for nearly a week now. When she says those words it would be real and the last little bit of my heart that was holding onto some dumb hope would shatter too.

I can't be shattered again. I was shattered after Leo, even more after Allison. But Derek would be something different. I knew this time I wouldn't be able to pick myself up, not without him. Not this time.

After a few more missed calls I hear another ringtone go off, this time it isn't mine and comes from the living room of the loft where my cousin is sleeping.

I hear his grumbling as he moves around and answers his phone with a sleepy "Hello?".

I can't listen in on the next part of the conversation; I just couldn't hear his reaction to her words. So I bury my head under the pillow to keep the noise out of my hearing range as my heart clenches.

Soon enough I hear steps walking up the metal staircase and I prepare myself to hear the bad news from my cousin, if one could ever prepare oneself for such news.

"Raviva?" He asks softly as he stops in the doorframe.

I don't react hoping he will go away and just let me sleep to tell me the bad news in the morning but he doesn't.

I hear his steps coming closer and then he sits down beside my body softly touching my shoulder.

"Raviva. Wake up, Melissa called." He tells me and I shake my head under the pillow.

"I don't wanna." I grumble. "Just tell me in the morning. I don't wanna hear it right now. I can't take it."

A soft laugh rings through the dark room and I am confused by his reaction.

"Okay then I tell Melissa she doesn't need to smuggle us into his room out of visiting hours. We'll visit Derek tomorrow at eleven." He stops and stand up. "She just thought you would like to be the first one to see him when he finally wakes up."

I throw the pillow off my head and look up at Stiles disbelief showing in my eyes.

"It's true and now move your whiny ass into the jeep, I'm gonna drive you there."

Hope you all liked this chapter :) there's gonna be one more chapter then it's finally over ..
I loved writing this story and I hope I created something good for all of you to enjoy! Leave me some comments and votes to let me know if you liked my story
xx sil