Ch 1

Do you know how you get so tired after crying? Like your body knows how emotionally tired you are that it just shuts you down and you sleep. Yeah well, sometimes you get tired of crying and sleeping, sometimes it makes you feel useless and weak, sometimes you want to be strong, sometimes the only way of being strong is getting away from those who treat you or make you feel like you are weak.

Well, being part of a group of supernatural friends makes you look weak. Scott is my brother's best friend, it all started when he was bitten by a werewolf, then his girlfriend was a hunter of the supernatural, my brother got involved and they never thought about saying anything to me, my brother's crush turned to be a banshee, she predicts death and yells loud when she does, she also listens to voices in her head. Then dark druids came, more powerful werewolves looking for revenge too. They only decided to tell me about everything when my dad, the sheriff, was kidnapped by the dark druid and somehow, they found out that our family had psychic's hereditage from my mother's side, apparently she died because she couldn't handle it, even though the doctors said she died of dementia. I was 9 and my brother was 8 when she died. My friends thought that would explain why my brother and I are such good detectives and figure things out easily; still, we are considered human. In my senior year, my brother was possesed by a dark fox spirit, we saved him but a close friend of ours died. That day was the first time I had a vision, I saw her dieing but I thought it was a dream, turns out it wasn't. After that, things got really crazy when a woman we thought was dead came back from the dead and tried to kill us all again, she wanted Scott. Also, my brother started dating a werecoyote and his friend, Scott, started dating a Kitsune and he turned his first human into a werewolf, a 15-year-old boy called Liam, he was nice and helpful too, he had temper problems but he was nice enough. I have to admit, being part of this weird pack was great, but at the same time, it was too much. I wanted to help so much, but there was no one that could help me with my powers, so I didn't learn to control them at all. After I graduated, I packed my bags and moved to New York. I was able to get a good schoolarship and got into the Columbia University to study Sociology and Political Sciences, I usually call my family, everything was looking better, I wanted to become a detective one day, I wanted to build a path for my brother, be a role model, and that's what I told myself I was going to do.