Ch 54

Natasha and Lydia were reading the book they had stolen to look for something to trap Zagan in. They looked for sigils, boxes, vases, anything. The problem was that the book was extremely big, they hadn't covered even half of it.

"This is very stressful, we're not even down half of the book and we have nothing yet. Why can't this thing have an index?" Lydia expressed her stress. Natasha turned to her, she was reading a digital version of the book that JARVIS had scanned for her.

"JARVIS, can you make and index of this thing?" Natasha asked.

"I'm afraid I do not recognize the typography of this item. I am sure that Mr. Stark will update me when he finished his current project." JARVIS said. Lydia groaned.

"It's Latin." Lydia said.

"The language I know, and I can recognize certain words, but not enough to make an index. What I can do is expand the images." JARVIS explained. Lydia huffed and dropped on her chair, grabbing her head in frustration.

"Hey, how about we take a quick pause to see how Bruce and Stark are doing with the search of the relic?" Natasha suggested. "We need a coffee refill too."

"Coffee sounds good." Lydia accepted.

The women came to the lab where Tony and Bruce were. Tony was standing in front of a holographic screen, touching images, expanding them and swiping them. Bruce was being more old fashioned, he was sitting in front of his lap top in a moving chair and he occasionally would move back to write or paste a Post-It in the board behind him.

"Any luck, boys?" Natasha asked.

"Yes... and no." Bruce said.

"We found relics, a lot of them, but most are fake or parts of the body of a dead saint, those won't work to trap anything." Tony explained.

"The boxes of glass where they are it are blessed, but we're not sure it that enough." Bruce said.

"It's not." Lydia confirmed. "Have you looked into something not Christian?"

"Like what?" Bruce asked.

"Well, Egyptians used to bury their dead will lots of treasures, maybe something found in a tomb might work."

"You are a genius." Tony said.

"I know." Lydia smirked.

Clint had come to the kitchen next to the lab, Natasha saw him and went to talk to him. Lydia notices but decided to let them talk alone, she started to look around to what Tony and Bruce had found. She saw a vase that presumably held the ashes of a saint, she scoffed.

"What?" Bruce asked.

"Some people are called saints and were really just manipulative people." She said.

"But, it people believe, don't they become actual saints?" Bruce asked, completely curious about this whole new not scientific world.

"Yes and no, they create a saint, some kind of energy, but it's not the actual ghost or spirit of that person, they just believe it is." Lydia explained.

In the kitchen, Clint and Natasha were preparing coffees for everyone, apparently they all needed refills.

"How are the kids with your team?" Natasha asked.

"Well, they are kids." Clint said. "But they are actually mature for their age." He added, Natasha grimaced, they both knew what that meant. When a child is too mature, it's because they have suffered a lot and they had to learn to protect themselves, it's like losing their innocence, and there's nothing good about anyone losing their innocence, they knew it, they were assassins.

"Poor kids." She commented.

"Malia is a bit worrying, though. I'm sure Steve has a hard time trying to not arrest her." Clint said.

"She does seen to be... out of it." Natasha agreed.

"Stiles explained to us why that is. She became a werecoyote from a young age and didn't become a human again until very recently, she doesn't understand human interaction completely yet."

"Wow..." Natasha didn't know what else to say. "We keep bumping into weird stuff, huh?"

"Tell me about it." Clint agreed. "Aliens... fine, we had no real way of knowing them because of our not so advanced technology, but supernatural stuff? How come we never noticed something like that?"

"We did." Natasha said. "We called them fairy tales, legends, myths... liars." Clint could only look at her, knowing she was right. "I guess people don't want to see that they don't want to believe."

Lydia was getting bored of looking at all the notes and pictures the scientist men had, she turned to the kitchen to call Natasha and asked if she was ready to return to reading, but suddenly she wasn't in the tower anymore.

She was in a forest, a forest she knew too well. She felt cold, she knew what she had to do, she had to look for whatever she was supposed to see.

Lydia walked slowly, trying to feel and see everything around her. It was funny how she used to be scared whenever she was a vision like this, now she welcomed them like old friends, even when she felt scared, like right in that moment. There was fog around her, it wasn't dark time, which meant the sun had to be somewhere behind all those clouds. She noticed a small and old cabin made out of logs, poorly made. She walked to it until she stepped into something. She looked down and picked up something, it was made out of ceramic, it looked old and had something written, a letter in some other language that she couldn't place, she dropped the piece of ceramic and continued to wards the cabin.

As soon as she opened the cabin, she gasped, it was full on bodies... bodies of people she knew, her friends and the avengers, they were all there. There wasn't blood around, but somehow, she knew they were dead. There was a back door, she stepped in between the bodies as she cried silently. Opening the back door, she saw something worse.

Mr. Stilinski was kneeling on the floor, his back to Lydia, someone was resting their head on his lap, she walked closer and saw it was Stiles, unconscious, but she knew he wasn't head, he, however, had blood on his head, like he had been hit. Mr. Stilinski looked up in despair, Lydia followed his gaze and saw the missing people of her group. Clarisse was standing and smirking, Mikeyla was right next to her, a stoic face, behind her was a man, a very handsome man. In front of them stood Bucky, an assault rifle on his hands.

"I'm not going to fight you." Bucky said dropping his gun. He received no answer. "Mikeyla, please." He pleaded. "I love you."

The man behind Micky grabbed her shoulders and leaned to her ear.

"Kill them." He said, in her hear, before kissing her cheek. Micky extended her hand towards Bucky, he groaned and fell on his knees.

"Stop!" Lydia yelled, but was ignored. She watched as Micky broke Bucky's neck and his body fell to the floor. "NO!" Now she was heard, the three of them turned to her, Micky extended her palm again, fire appearing in her hand, she threw it to the cabin, lighting it up with all the bodies inside. Mr. Stilinski cried, Lydia started hyperventilating, soon, she screamed.

In the tower, no one had noticed Lydia drifting away, so the scream started them all. Clint dropped the coffee pot to the floor. They all covered their ears.

The pack looked up. "Lydia." Stiles murmured before they all rushed to find her.

The scream was loud enough to wake Bucky and Micky. She knew what Lydia's scream meant, it meant dead, and her head instantly drifted to her dad.

"No." She said out loud before jumping out of bed and rushing out, Bucky right on her heels. Micky's heart was already hurting, she knew it, she just knew something like that would happen, and somehow, she knew it was her fault.