∆ Meeting the neighbours ∆

Arianna's POV

"There. All done," I said with a sigh. I had just arrived from my two-month modeling session in London. As much as I dreaded to say it, I was a model and I hated my career. Well, somewhat hated. My aunts made me choose modeling as they thought I would make the perfect model and all that shit. And so as to not disappoint them, I did everything required.

I quickly took a look at my room. It's perfect. The walls are in a shade of grey and are filled with posters of Fall out Boy, Percy Jackson, and Eminem. I ran to the kitchen and grabbed myself a Doritos and a Pepsi. I chugged down the whole bottle and threw the chips packet into the trash bin. School started in a week and from what I've been told, I had a lot of work to catch up with. At times like this, I wish I had dad with me.

My dad was a rich businessman in California and he checked on me once every month. He sends me money and is the only true parent that I have. My dad divorced my mom when he found out that she had been cheating on him with her co-worker. Dad divorced her when I was only three, I guess. My mom is a fashion designer and my career rose to popularity for that reason. I wonder what it would be to have parents to look after you. I had never ever seen my mom in person and as for my dad, he had visited me before me going to London. I-

Dingdong!

I snapped out of my thoughts and ran to get the door. As I opened, the door I saw a lady in her early 30's wearing a white shirt tucked into a black pencil skirt. She was catching a tray that had some sort of dish. Not gonna lie, it smelled finger- biting delicious. There was a small girl wearing a cute pink floral frock clinging to her legs. My gaze suddenly drifted to the teenage boy standing next to her. He had jet black hair, perfectly chiseled face and looked to be around my age. His jaw was damn sharp. But eh, I've seen better.

"Well hello there, darling," greeted the lady in a polite tone. I looked back up at her and snapped out of my trance.

"Er.. Umm.. Hii?" It came out more to be a question than a statement. The small girl started to giggle. I wanted to glare at her for laughing at my lack of words, but that would be plain rude considering her mom was being real nice by bringing me food.

"Umm...Sorry. Where are my manners? Please do come in," I requested sweetly with a smile spread across my face. I led them to the couch and motioned for them to sit down.

"I am Maria Patricks and this is my daughter Amy." She pointed to her daughter, who was busy looking around and inspecting my house. How much ever I may hate the kid, she still was cute and oh well, cute kids were my weakness.

"Well hello to you too Amy," I said, ruffling her hair while she giggled.

"And this is my son, Chase," she introduced while looking at Chase, who seemed to be engrossed in something on his phone.

I put out my hand for him to shake. He gladly accepted it. I gave him a smile that he returned. Not long after, he returns to his phone. Boys.

"And this would be a small something for you, um..." she waited for me to say my name. I chuckled and introduce myself.

"My name is Arianna. But you can just call me Ari and thank you." I gently took the tray from her hands and placed it on the kitchen counter.

As I returned back to the living room, I noticed Maria examining the room. She regarded my presence and quickly straightened up. "Where are your parents? Do you live here all alone?" Maria asked, pity very evident in her facial features and question.

I gulped and contemplated on giving her an honest answer. "Well not exactly, my dad's out on a business trip, which might take a lot of time."

"Oh, okay. Since you've already moved in and seemed pretty comfy, I presume you've already joined a school.'' Seeing me nod, she continued, ''which school do you go to ?" She asked, changing the topic. She must have sensed that the topic of my parents must have been sensitive, but whatever, I'm thankful for it.

"Phoenix High," I answered, cringing a bit. That's the name, right? Don't judge but my memory power is very bad. Like real bad. It's as bad that if Dory from Nemo and I were in a face-off, I'd forget who my opponent was.

"Oh. That's where Chase goes to! I am sure you both will be great friends," she exclaimed with excitement evident in her voice. She looked at Chase besides her, who seemed to be lost in his mobile. "Right, Chase?" She asked, nudging Chase who was busy texting someone on his mobile.

"Er...yeah, sure." He looked up from his phone, an awkward smile on his face. I almost snorted. I bet he didn't even listen to what she said. Maria shook her head and looked at her watch, letting out a small shriek.

"Well darling, then I guess it's time for us to go. Remember honey, we're right next door and if you need anything then you can just come to us," she politely suggested and stood up. Amy and Chase stood up along with her and walked to the door.

"Thanks a lot, Mrs. Patricks," I reply flashing a genuine smile.

''It's no problem, dear.'' She smiled. "Bye Ari," Amy hollered and waved, rushing out along with her mom and brother. I locked the door and walked to the kitchen. "That went well," I said to myself and gave myself a mental pat on the back. Walking to the counter, I removed the plastic sheet from the tray.

"Mm. It's lasagna!" I squealed. I had just tasted this dish one time in Spain and I loved it. I cut myself two pieces and munched on it. I loved eating and I may be a model but I would never let modeling come in the way of my eating. As you know, . Food was something that could never ever be taken away from me, even if Voldemort wished so.

After having the lasagna, I crawled into bed and was about to snore off into Wonderland, when I heard a tap on the window. I opened it and saw Chase. Oh great, so now his room is right next to mine. I was met with a half- smile- half- smirking Chase.

''Good night, Ari. Sweet dreams. Wait, why am I even asking? Obviously, 'cuz they'd all be about me from now on,'' Chase commented, arrogance lacing his voice. I stopped myself from gasping. I recognized the type of boy he was; the cocky egotistical player who thinks the world revolves around him. I've met plenty of them and I've had my fair share of experiences too.

''Nuh uh, you wish. Don't let the bed bugs bite, Chase,'' I replied with a wink and closed the window.