∆Birthday Girl∆

I snapped awake from my horrifying dream that only included heels, heels and heels. Heels of different lengths, textures and shapes. I shook my head and realization hit me like a huge truck. Today was my birthday !

The day when you're finally 18 !

And a legal adult !

I rushed downstairs, expecting an excited Delia and an over-happy dad.

Psht, if that is even a word.

But to no avail, all I got was an empty kitchen. I walked through the kitchen and called out to dad.

No answer.

Then you could have imagined what I did next, I called Delia.

Still no answer.

All of a sudden I heard a blood-curling scream.

That voice sounds vaguely familiar. . .

I felt self-conscious and examined my surroundings; I felt like I was in American Caterpillar. I moved to the living room with a steady pace. Suddenly a pair of hands wrapped themselves around my waist, catching my wrists together at the back and I stopped, my heart threatening to break free.

''Whoever you are, please leave me. You can't just kill me. I can't die at such a young age. I have more than a million things to do on my bucket list. I have to meet Chris Pine and Daniel Sharman. Wait did I mention Channing Tatum ? If I didn't, then I did now. I have to go paragliding and skydiving. And I had also promised myself that I would only die after-'', he put his head into my neck and kept his hands fixed on my arm, that led cold shivers down my spine.

''-I marry Dylan Sprayberry and I believe destiny has chosen this path for me. Matt Lanter, my fiancé isn't very patient, so I have to order the flavor of our wedding cake. So please don't kill me. I have a whole future ahead of m-'', I stopped when I heard the person whispering something against my neck. I spun on the heels of my leg and the next moment, I was staring at someone's cute brown eyes. His hands were on either sides of mine and we were less than inch away from each other. If he would move a bit forward, we might be kissing. We were in the middle of our staring competition when someone decided that it would be fun to interrupt us and start laughing.

That hideous laugh. . .

Austin quickly took his hands off me and stared at the ground as if he found it to be the most interesting and fascinating thing in the world.

As if my existence wasn't already enough.

I cleared my throat and walked to the door from where I heard the giggles coming. A huge smirk took place on my face as I saw Holly rolling on the ground, Gwen trying to suppress her laughter, but failing miserably and last but not the least Jayden laughing like a dying seal.

''You. . . should have seen. . .her !'' Holly was saying between her laughs. Her face was red due to excessive laughing and all I wanted to do was slap it and make it even more red for intruding in on our small moment.

''That was more dramatic than Titanic,'' Jayden laughed and clutched his stomach. Oh dear Jayde, it will be. When I fucking kill you with both my bare hands.

''You think ?'' I cut their dialogue. All their heads snapped towards mine and they flashed me sheepish smiles.

''Hehe, Hello Ari,'' said Jayden, with a smile that could have been adorable in any other circumstance. I just rolled my eyes and pulled them all to the living room. But however, I didn't see any Austin.

Wow, is he some kind of spiderman or what ?

I highly doubt.

''Looking for someone ?'' Gwen asked me with a wide smirk.