∆The dinner∆

Arianna's P.O.V

"Gwen please ? Can we please go get Nando's now ? '' I asked clinging to Gwen. She clicked her tongue and tried putting me down.

''Not a chance, missy. You haven't even picked out a dress yet.'' she lectured me. Seriously, the big picture is that we didn't buy a dress ? It should be that we didn't get any food !

''Please'' I pouted, trying to look cute.

''Nope'' The pout turns into a frown. It didn't work.

We enter the hundred and twelfth shop in the entire building. Like all this trouble just for a goddamn dress ? Can't I just wear a jumpsuit and converse ?

No you can't

Holly hands me a red lacy dress. I look at it in disgust and shake my head. I have never gone for bright colors in my entire life, like yellow an red, I know I suck. But still, I can't help it. I'm accustomed to being an emo. While Gwen and Holly search the entire shop, my eyes land on a black dress hung on the hanger.

''Holly, Gwen, Come here. I found something''

''Where ?'' asked Holly, looking eagerly. These people are more nervous than me. Like I am the one attending the dinner and I am least bothered about it. While on the other hand Gwen looks like she's going to lose her mind and Holly, excited as ever for a dress.

I take the dress from the hanger and hand it to them.

''This one. It looks pretty.'' I say.

''Umm, is the world about to end ? Did Arianna Byrnes just use the words pretty and dress in the same line ?"' Gwen asked still examining the dress and not making any eye-contact. I slightly punch her shoulder and stick my tongue out, to which I got the Gwen Kielson's infamous eye roll.

''Ok so you try it in the dressing room'' She pushed me into the dressing room and locked the door. Yes, the dressing room had a lock on it both outside and inside. I wore the dress and called out for Gwen. She opened the door and she gasped.

''Wow, Arianna. You look really pretty''

''Oh my God. So this is what Arianna Byrnes looks like when she wears a dress'' said Holly with her jaw hanging. I flipped them off and had to agree for a photograph. If you're wondering who asked, then it's Holly. I gave the cashier my credit card and bought the dress. It's already 8:10.

No time for Nando's.

I'm genuinely sorry, Niall Horan. Next time I promise on Mount Olympus I will eat Nando's.

I drove the girls home and reached my house. I saw Dad waiting for me when I got in.

''Hey Da-'' I outstretched my arms for a hug, but he just sidestepped me and went to the front door.

''Ari, quick. Wear your dress, We're leaving after some time. I know for a fact that girls take more than an hour to get ready.'' I glared at him with my outstretched arms. I was expecting a hug, not facts about girls.

I roll my eyes and my eyes get stuck at the top. ''Dad, you think I take more than an hour to get ready ? I barely take more than 5 minutes'' I exclaim.

''Sorry, sorry, sorry, It's just that I have that kind of impression on me'' he shrugged.

''What kind of impression ?'' I frowned.

''Just that your mom used to take a lot of time when we were together. . .'' and he trailed off, looking down.

''Er, dad. . .I'll just change my dress'' I say and walk upstairs, the cover in one hand.