Chapter 11

Maddie

"Damnit Demi do you ever think about anyone other than yourself when you speak." I shoved my phone into my pocket, running my hands through my hair as I walked out of the room.
"W-why what happened." Demi asked frantically walking behind me out of the room.
"Honestly Demi what do you think happened, there's blood on the floor in the bathroom next to the toilet, bloody towels, just put the pieces together what do you get." She looked at me confused like she didn't know like she hasn't done this exact same thing to herself.

"For Christ sake Demi she tried to kill herself, and now she's in the hospital." Her expression softened as I spoke, I honestly didn't think she cared about Cara anymore. I suppose I could be wrong, but maybe that's what you have to do to get attention in this family.
"Why would she do that." She muttered looking down at her feet like she didn't know. She acts like what happened all those years ago was just a bump in the road. When in reality it was a gigantic fucking hill for the people who cared and knew she didn't do it.

"Seriously demi can you be that blind, we abandoned her for years and you come back and think that everything is going to be fine." I was confused, but most of all I was hurt that she of all people didn't understand that abandoning someone for this many years and completely ignoring their existence would affect them like this.

"Know what demi we don't have time for this I'll meet you in the car" I started to walk out the door when she stopped me.
"You're right I've been an ass and what we did to her was not okay. I just didn't think that she would ever do this. That it would EVER come to this" she sighed running her hands through her hair.
"But you're right we don't have time to talk about this" she walked past me out of the bathroom into the living room grabbing her keys from the counter.

Soon enough we were walking into the hospital. All I wanted to do was see my sister, I Just wanted to know that she was okay. We walked up to the receptionists desk and we were told she was in room 218. We sped walked to her room not wasting a second. The door was open when we got there and i peeked my head from around the corner and noticed Jenn laying down on the sofa with her hands on her head looking up to the ceiling.

Demi cleared her throat catching the attention breaking her out of her timeless stare. She looked over to us and smiled. "You came." she got up from the couch causing her blanket to fall to the ground.
"Of course we came, why wouldn't we" she shrugged as I hugged her.
"H-how is she" demi asked shyly from behind me.
"They said she should wake up soon, but" Jenn had a hard time composing herself as she spoke, I could tell.
"What's wrong" she looked down and I grabbed her hands.
"It's all my fault this is all my fault" she cried I pulled her into a hug as she sobbed profusely on to my shoulder.
"What are you talking about whats your fault" I rubbed her back.
"It's my fault she tried to kill herself I let her walk away. I shouldn't have done that, why did I let her do that."
"No no no none of this is your fault, not at all don't ever think like that she made that decision all we can do now is wait for her to wake up and help and support her through whatever comes her way. Okay?" she looked up from my shoulder tears falling from her face as she nodded setting back down.

  "It's just when she ran off from the restaurant and I followed her and we talked and then I kissed her and-"
I cut her off saying "You kissed her, omg no way I knew you two had a thing for each other, continue" my fangirling moment ended as she proceeded proceed with the story.
"Yeah we kissed it was amazing" she smiled with pure love in her eyes as she spoke.    
  "Anyways we kissed and then my co-worker Liam came out of nowhere and that's when she ran off. And I should have ran after her but I didn't."

She put her head in her hands sniffing.
"I should have know she was in so much pain, why didn't I know" she cried.
  "Listen we've only been here a few days and so have you none of us could have known this was going to happen so stop putting all the blame on yourself" I hugged her while she nodded.
  "I just I like her a lot you know, and I've never felt this way about anyone so I kinda don't know what to do with all these feelings" She sighed wiping her eyes looking over to Cara who was still peacefully sleeping.
  "Do you love her?" I looked over to demi who asked the question. I looked over to Jenn who slightly nodded and said "I think so."
  "Then when she wakes up tell her, I know when I was in her position I would have loved for someone to tell me that" demi said looking down playing with her hands.
  "But what if-" I shook my head as she started to doubt herself.
"No. She kissed you back correct?" she slyly nodded.
  "Them she likes you so stop doubting yourself, now let's get something to eat because I don't think you've eaten in a while" I stood up pulling Jenn with me.
"I'll stay here in case She wakes up you guys go" demi said smiling as we left the room.