Chapter 1

Cara P.O.V

It was a normal Friday afternoon and I was just on my way home from school, and I decided to take a shortcut through an alley. I know right typical white girl in a scary movie move well at least I don't trip over an invisible branch.

Anyways I walk into the alley and I see someone laying on the ground covered with blood. It turns out it was a girl that went too my high school and she kind of bullies me, but that is a story for another time. Anyways.

As much as I hated her I knew I had to do something. While I was in the process of helping her, I heard something slide across the ground from around the corner. It was a knife and had blood that I'm guessing was hers on it so naturally like any person would I picked it up.

Hold on pause, rewind the tape stop the film. I've watch many crime shows before this and in them the killer is usually wearing gloves so it's harder to find out who did it. But, I guess I wasn't think about my expert crime skills at the time. Then all of a sudden there's police out of nowhere asking me to lower my weapon.

I have a hunch that the real killer did this to me on purpose to cover up that he or she actually did this. Anyways the girl which by the way her name is Tiffany ended up being put in a coma.

They ended up dropping the charges and my entire family still believed I did it so they ended up giving me the cold shoulder so I asked them to rent me an apartment in Los Angeles.

I wanted to be as far away from them as humanly possible considering they live in Dallas Texas, we live about 1,500 miles away from each other. The media, news and paparazzi had a field day with the fact I was accused of putting someone in a coma. Oh yeah If I hadn't already mentioned it I'm sorta kinda related to Demi lovato.

Yeah we're sisters can you imagine all the hate I get on Twitter and Instagram daily I don't even know why I still have my accounts. Now that I think about it I never told you how old I am I'm 18.

I've been living on my own for about 2 years now. At first my family sent me money for groceries but when I finished high school they stopped wanting me to get a job. Which I did I work at the Starbucks down the road from my apartment building. In the 2 years that I've lived alone and had a job I have only made one friend and he's the door man that works for the building. He's 50 and his names David.

On the bright side I have a cat his name is Ajax, but he's not very nice either. I found him on the street on my way home from work one day. He's kind of an ass hole but I tolerate him.

Anyways lets stop talking about the past lets get to the story shall we. I'm currently coming home from work and it's Thursday.

I walked up to the front doors of the building I reached out to push them open but it opened for me I walked in to be greeted by David.
"Hello Cara how was work" he said closing the door behind me.

"David I told you I can get the door myself and work was fine" I said pressing the button waiting for the elevator to come.
"I know honey but that's what they pay me for you know" he laughed the elevator beeped signaling me to get on.

"Alright see ya later David" I laughed the elevator doors closed and it went up. It made it to the floor and i got off i walked down the hall and unlocked my front door.
"Cat I'm home" I shouted walking in like he cares though he's most likely sleeping, eating, or screwing the cat next door.

Speaking of I really need to get him neutered he's so far gotten every cat in the building knocked up. No wonder why everyone in the apartment complex hates me. I went to my room and changed into my penguin pajamas that I got for Christmas from David last year.