Chapter 13

"You're lying" I said to her. She can't love me, why would she want to love me. I'm unlovable and that's the truth. "No I'm not lying, and the only one who's lying in this room is you. You're lying to you're self and you're feelings, I know you feel something for me and you know it too." She was right, but I didn't want to believe it. "Why do you love me" I asked her playing with the bandage on my right arm. "Well for one I think you are the most beautiful person to ever walk this planet, and two you're personality is something I have never encountered before. You're like a ball of cute sarcastic sass and I love it"

I smiled at that and giggled covering my mouth. "And you're laugh, its like music to my ears." She smiled and it was a genuine smile not like the ones my co-workers give me because those are forced and this. This was real. "And the best part is that I know there's more. More things that I don't know about you that I want to know, no that I need to know." No one has ever wanted to get to know me, no one besides Maddie.

I shouldn't over think these feelings, but here I am over thinking them. I should embrace them, I should accept them. "Is that enough reason for me to love you." I nodded slightly then looking at her in the eyes as she stared back. I loved her back but I didn't know how to say it. I was going to open my mouth to speak when her phone started ringing, she declined the call and told me it could wait. "What were you gonna say?" she sat on the side of my bed slipping her phone back in her pocket.

"I love you too" she looked shocked but then the biggest smile I've ever seen on anyone came onto her face. "You do?" I nodded as she came in for a hug. When she pulled away she pecked me on the lips. She quickly apologized and said if I wasn't ready for that we could wait, but I couldn't. I shut her up by pulling her back in for a kiss. It felt right, like we were supposed to be here. Our lips moved in sync as she ran her hand through my hair, and then the door opened.

It was the doctor, Demi and Maddie. "Sorry ladies, but I'm here to tell you that you're free to go, just let me take out your IV, and give you some bandages. Make sure to change them every night before you go to bed until they are healed, and that includes tonight." I nodded as she took out the needle and the heart monitor. She walked over to some cupboards and grabbed a couple rolls and handed them to Jenn. I swung my legs over the side of the bed as the doctor left the room. I let my feet touch the cold tile as I grabbed my clothes and went to the bathroom to get changed.

I closed the door leaving me in the dark before I turned the light on scared of what I might see in the mirror. I clicked the light on and looked at myself, I looked awful. My hair was a mess and my cheeks were red and puffy along with my eyes. I changed quickly wanting to get out of here as fast as I could. I walked out thanking demi for bringing me clothes, and we left we all went in Demi's car back to my house. I saw David in the lobby as he opened the door for me. He looked at me with concern written all over his face, he must have seen me go in the ambulance last night. When he let go of the door I ran up to him and gave him a hug.

"I'm okay David" I spoke into his shirt. "No more okay?" He looked down at me with his soft blue eyes as I looked up at him and nodded. "No more." I broke away from the hug hearing the ding of the elevator and the call of my name. "Stay young old man" I giggled walking off. "Don't ever get old young lady." he called as the elevator closed, I love that old man.

When we made it to my apartment I immediately went to my bedroom closed the door and lay down. I lifted my head up and saw my computer, I sat up and grabbed it. I opened it to see it was still on Netflix and friends was still paused. I climbed up and got under my covers and resumed watching friends. I didn't realize how tired I was until I was laying under the comfort of my own bed, even though I was out for hours at the hospital I was still tired.

I think I slept for an hour or so before Jenn came in and gently shook me awake. I looked over at my clock and saw it was about 7 P.M. "Dinner is ready" I looked up at her. "I'm not hungry" I grumbled rolling back over. I felt the covers lift up and Jenn slip under them. "I know you're hungry, and you have to eat I'm supposed to be making sure of that according to the doctor" Oh so she was the one watching me makes sense now. "How long will you be watching me for" I asked her as she slipped an arm around me nuzzling into my neck. "Until I think you're better."

"That might take a while, what about you're career, you can't just drop everything for me. Besides I'm a lost cause." She sighed and didn't speak for a moment. "You are not a lost cause, and I would drop everything for you." She mumbled into my neck and I felt the vibrations from her words on my skin. "What did you make?" I asked her rolling over to face her hopefully something I liked or semi liked at least. "Well I didn't cook, but I did heard from a good source that you liked the Chicken Alfredo from olive garden, so I went and picked some up for you."

It is my favorite, but I really am repulsed by the sight sound and smell of food, but to make her happy I would do anything and that scares me. The fact that I would die for her, but at the same time I would also live for her. "Did Maddie tell you that?" My voice sounded hoarse as I spoke. She nodded grabbing my hand under the covers. "Will you eat it?" She asked softly. I rolled back over and grumbled. She was asking alot of me and I think even she knew that, but like I said before I would do anything for her.

"Yes" I whispered. I didn't think she heard it, but she did and instead of an answer she got up and pulled the covers off me. "Great well get up and lets go eat, its on the table." she ran off to the kitchen, and a few seconds later I got up and walked out of my room. I saw Maddie and Demi sitting on the couch watching something on T.V. Demi saw me and stood up. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry for the way I've treated you. Now and in the past, I've treated you horribly and there is nothing that can excuse how awful I've been. Can you forgive me?" I was shocked. I didn't know how to react. This is not the Demi that I've come to know my entire life. I can't help but wonder if she is being genuine or not.

"Yes, I forgive you." I hoped she was being honest and that this wasn't just an act. She held her arms out for a hug. I was hesitant at first, but I soon walked into her embrace and hugged her back. I missed her hugs I haven't actually hugged her back since I was a kid because soon after that she stopped caring and forgot about me completely. For once I was happy, I liked it.