THREE

Hiyaaaa, 

Please remember to vote and comment. Your support means so much and inspires me to write more. 

---

It was impossible that their dorm could be the size of Tamsin's house back home, but there you go. She wasn't going to fight against it. Just as she had suspected, it was more than beautiful. No—it was clean cut and precise, and that was what she liked most about it immediately—its tidiness, yet comfort. The thing that first drew your eye when you walked in was the huge window on the far end wall. It wasn't even a wall—all glass, all window. They had the biggest view of the city from up here. Tamsin instantly loved it. She would fall asleep to the colourful lights of New York City. It was still so, utterly unbelievable.

There was a small mailbox built into their door—it basically worked like a regular mailbox, only there was a small, wooden catchment behind the door that they could lift open and take the mail. Tamsin was almost certain that she wouldn't be receiving any mail—except maybe from her mother and brother—but it was still nice to have the option.

Since their dorm was the size of a tiny apartment, they had a lot of space to themselves. Tamsin got the left side of the dorm, and Lina got the right side. There were cupboards and wardrobes fitted nicely against the creamy walls, and Tamsin immediately began to unpack, folding and refolding clothes. Lina, on the other hand, connected to the Wi-Fi and started texting all of her Facebook friends about her awesome new school. She even had Tamsin take a selfie with her, which she didn't mind at all. She liked that Lina was the opposite of her, but that they still had many things in common. It was, in her opinion, a great friendship so far.

There was a huge reclaimed wood coffee table in the centre of the room, which had only a small pot plant on it. They decided to move the fern closer to the window where it would get more sunlight.

They also had a miniature kitchen, that came with a microwave, mini fridge, bench space, a kettle and stove. There was no oven, but neither of them would use it anyway. The larder was stocked with teabags, coffee sachets, a packet of biscuits and a Gatorade as a small home-warming kind of gift. There were also two mugs, two glasses, two bowls and two plates tucked away into the cupboard. Underneath the sachets and biscuits was a double-sided A4 paper, with beverages and foods they could order to their rooms if they wanted to. It was like staying in a five-star hotel resort, Tamsin thought, but not that she would really know what that felt like anyway.

They had a flat screen TV hung up onto the wall, and a menu underneath that, sitting on a tallboy bench, of DVDs they could order from downstairs if they felt like watching a movie. The TV came with something called Netflix, that Lina was very happy about, but that Tamsin had no idea what was.

And the best part of it all was the bathroom. Oh, the sweet, sweet, bathroom.

Which meant that they didn't have to use the generic hall bathrooms the other girls did. Wow, Tamsin thought happily, Milly really did give us the best room there is.

Once she'd finished with her packing, her cupboard space and wardrobe still looked bare. So she took out a few photographs of her mother and brother and stacked them into the empty spaces—but there were none of her father, which she was absolutely fine with.

Lina gasped suddenly, causing Tamsin to look up sharply. Warily, she asked, 'What is it?'

But instead of delivering bad news, like Tamsin was expecting her to, Lina only squealed with happiness. 'Oh my gosh, this place is like a hotel!' She yelled happily. 'Apparently every-day when we're in lessons, a maid comes in and cleans up after us! Score!' She laughed. 'And they're coming by later to deliver us some of those fluffy white bathroom robes.' Lina jumped onto her king-sized bed, messing up the perfectly smoothed over white comforter and cream cushions. She sighed, crossing her ankles. 'I'm officially in Heaven.'