3.

I woke up the next morning and climbed out of bed feeling oddly refreshed. I walked to my bathroom and did my morning routine. I brushed my teeth and took a shower.

I walked out of the bathroom and into my room. I walked over to my closet and grabbed my outfit of the day which was a pair of dark blue skinny jeans, a grey long sleeved shirt, and my leather jacket.

I threw on a pair of boxers and a sports bra. Then I put on my clothes. I walked to my mirror and put on a grey beanie.

I walked out of my room and ran to the kitchen. Shawn was eating lucky charms and looking at his phone. I walked over to him and snatched his bowl away just as he was about to scoop up more.

"Hey!" He shouted. I smirked and took his spoon as well. I scooped up some cereal and ate it.

"Thanks, Shawn," I smiled as I ate his cereal.

"I hate you," he rolled his eyes.

"No you don't," I said with a laugh.

"Shut up. I do," Shawn grumbled.

"Whatever, Mendes. Come on I have to be at the studio in," I looked over at the clock on the microwave, "15 minutes!! Holy shit! Come on I'm gonna be late!"

I threw the bowl in the sink and ran for the door. Shawn followed after me. I ran out of the apartment and outside.

We ran to Shawn's car and climbed in. Shawn started his car.

"Hurry up, Shawn!"

"I'm hurrying!"

Shawn pulled off and drove towards the studio.

"Are you gonna show him one of your songs?" Shawn asked as he drove. I shrugged.

"If he asks to see one, then yeah. Did you bring my guitar?" I asked.

"I put it in the car last night knowing we might've forgotten today," Shawn said.

"Smart, Mendes, smart," I laughed. Shawn flipped his imaginary long hair and smiled.

"I know."

I laughed and rolled my eyes at my forever weird best friend.

"We're here," Shawn said as he pulled up to the SYCO studio building.

"Alright! Let's go," I said as I climbed out of the car. I opened the back door and grabbed my guitar. I shut the door as Shawn walked around the car and over to me.

"Ready?"

"Ready," I said. Shawn grinned and looped his arm through mine and we walked inside together.

We walked to the front desk and leaned over to see a lady typing away on the computer.

"Excuse Miss," Shawn said. The woman looked up, "We're here to see Simon Cowell."

"Please take a seat. I'll call up in 10 minutes."

She looked away and back to her computer. Shawn looked at me and shrugged.

"Watch a master," I whispered. I walked towards the desk and leaned on it. I cleared my throat.

"Can I help you?" The lady looked up. I flashed my most charming smile.