16.

Camila's POV

Here I sat with the love of my life as she sat in her best friend's funeral. It's been a week since Shawn's death and now we were at the funeral.

Y/n's eyes hasn't left his casket since we arrived. She was heartbroken, I could tell. Her eyes didn't have the same shine them like they used to and she hasn't smiled, not even once.

I didn't blame her though, she was burying her best friend.

Y/n had dried tear stains on her face and showed no sign of any emotions. She just stared at her best friend's coffin as the priest spoke.

Lauren was holding a crying Ally, and Dinah and Normani were comforting each other. Y/n may have known him longer but we all loved Shawn deeply and it felt like we lost a little bit of him as well.

I held onto Y/n's hand tightly, rubbed my thing along her knuckles as the priest spoke.

"And now, Y/n Y/ln would like to say a few words in honor of her best friend and brother, Shawn."

Y/n took a sharp breath and I looked at her.

"It'll be okay, baby," I reassured her, as I rubbed her arm. She nodded and let go of my hand, standing up. She walked to the stand and stood behind it. She looked down at Shawn's casket and breathed in deeply.

"What can I say about Shawn Mendes? Well first off he was the gayest of the gay," Y/n started, people in the church started laughing quietly. Y/n smiled at Shawn's casket sadly before looking up at the crowd,"But he was a great friend. He was like my brother. We have been there for each other throughout everything. When I broke my leg trying to be a monkey on the monkey bars in the second grade, he carried me inside to the nurse. When Bobby Hill wanted to fight me in the Fourth Grade for snitching on him for being a cheater on the test, Shawn and I both ended up with broken noses. When I was sick with the chicken pox, he laid down in my bed with me for 3 days and went through everything I went through, from taking nasty medicine, to eating soup for three days straight. He did eventually get sick for being around me but it was worth it he said.

"When I came out to him, you know what he told me? 'Oh honey, I know and it's okay. I'm gay too.' It was honestly the best thing I had ever heard. To know we both shared something else in common. When we were kicked out of our homes after informing our parents of our sexualities, he was the one reassuring me that everything would be okay. That as long as we stuck together everything would be okay. And for a long time it was."

"We started our YouTube channels. We became famous and we moved out here. To Miami. Where everything was perfect. We had everything we could ever want, fans who cared so much about us respected our life choices and each other.

"He was the one I could always count on. He was like my father, my brother, and my best friend all rolled into one," Y/n's voice cracked as she spoke, she walked over to Shawn's casket taking a shaky breath,"And now he's gone. But he won't ever be forgotten. You hear me, Shawn?! You won't be forgotten."

Y/n's voice faded as she dropped to the ground letting out a loud sob.

"I hate you! You left me, you fucking bastard!" 

I jumped to my feet and ran over to Y/n, I wrapped my arms around her. Dinah approached her as well and helped me lift Y/n off the ground.

We walked her to the chairs and sat her down, I kept my arms tightly around her. She was sobbing hysterically in my arms and my heart broke for her. I rubbed her back, sadly, kissing the side of her head.

The funeral went on. And soon Shawn's casket was buried in the ground. Now Y/n and I were walking to the car. She wouldn't let me hold her hand and even though it hurt I didn't blame her and let her have her space.