two

Later that day I take my seat, at my usual lunch table, Louis across from me, and Liam on one side of him, and Zayn to the other side of Louis. Niall sits next to me, kissing my cheek, platonically. I avoid Louis' gaze for obvious reasons. Zayn and Liam are able to understand Niall and I's friendship, but Louis doesn't. Me and Niall have been friends since we were in Diapers, we have a touchy relationship, We do sometimes hold hands, kiss one another's cheeks. I just know that in all of these actions, that Niall and I commit, I've never felt anything remotely related to a romantic feeling.

"Could you guys help me?" Louis asks aloud, earning a round of answers from all of us, "You guys know that I've been dating that girl Elle for two months or so now, right?."

We all nodded.

"Yeah, why?" Liam asked.

"She's starting to get too clingy, I kinda want to break up with her."

Louis' phone chirps. He ignores it.

"Aw but she's so nice." Niall says causing Louis to roll his eyes.

"She's a total—" he pauses, recomposing himself, "—it's the fact that she expects so much from me, for her birthday a week ago, I took her shopping and out to one of the nicest restaurants, all of the crap she wanted plus the restaurant cost me almost as much as the amount in Beyoncé's bank account."

Taking a pause in his rant, breathing, "Do you know what she says to me? She has the nerve, to ask me what else did I get her, and she calls me every second to find out where I am, and what I'm doing or who I'm with. It's suffocating. How do I break it off with her?"

"Just break up with her?" Niall offers earning a noise of agreement from Zayn.

Chirp.

Louis looks over to Niall, "if it were that simple, do you think I'd be asking you for help?" I put a hand on Louis wrist, silently signifying for him to calm down.

"Look Harry," he says, "this girl, she's absolutely nuts. She texts me in the middle of the night, she shows up to my house unexpected. My mom hates her. I need a sure-fire way to get her off of my back. And it seems that you're my only liable source of help at this god forsaken table."

We hear Liam clear his throat, the both of us crane our necks to look at him.

"We're still here." Liam mutters.

"Yeah and?" Louis asks.

Niall leans over toward me, "I'll be back, I need to use the restroom."

I look to him and nod, I turn back, noticing Liam and Zayn have struck up their own conversation. I bring my attention back to Louis, who was still waiting for me to give him my proposition.

Chirp.

After mulling it over, I give him an answer. "Like everyone else, I honestly don't know Louis. You could just let her know, you're done, make it extremely clear, don't beat around the bush."

Louis' throws his face into his hands, sliding them up until he's gripping his hair. "What part of absolute-fuckîng-nut- are you all not getting?" Louis places his head on the table. Muttering 'what do I do'

"Louis."

"Speak of the devil and he shall appear." Liam chuckles, bumping Zayn's arm who was laughing with him.

Eleanor Calder, the nuisance, rolled her eyes at Liam's comment.

Louis looks up, "Hey Babe." He says between clenched teeth.

"You didn't return my texts." She claims.

"You texted?" Louis says, adding a half-hearted laugh.

I bump his shoulder, tilting my head a little, trying to tell him that this was his chance.

"Elle—" Louis speaks up, standing up so that he's standing in front of her. "We need to talk."

The look on her face becomes desolate, within a few seconds Louis is being dragged out of the Caf, and somehow I find myself being dragged with him.

Again, I'm dragged into his internal affairs.

Why?

Why?

Why?

We in the lobby area that the Cafeteria building leads out to, when Eleanor finally brings us to a stop, she gives me the once over, turning to Louis, "Why is he here?"

"He's apart of this conversation."

"He is?" Eleanor queries.

"I am?" I mimic.

"Yeah, what I'm about to tell you involves him."

"It does?" Eleanor and I say in unison, the both of us send grimacing looks at one another.

"Eleanor, look hun—" he clears his throat, the next words that come out of his mouth would make you think that he's practiced, a million times over. "You—" he pauses again, clearing his throat. "You are one of the most amazing people I have met, and you deserve someone that can truly appreciate you for all that you are, the goddess of a woman that you are. Though I appreciate the time that I was able to spend with you, but I must admit, there is someone else..."

That was unexpected.

I search Eleanor's expression to see if she's actually buying into this but her expression remains unchanged.

I feel a hand lace into mine.

I look down, at the hand that intertwined with mine and up to the one it belongs to. I'm pretty sure my expression right now matches Eleanor's.

Then Louis cranes my head so that I'm facing him, a kind of distraught apologetic look on his face, he mouths a 'sorry' before bringing my face toward his and connects our lips. I don't really react at first, probably because I've kind of Zoned out but Louis pinches my arm, causing me to interact in this "kiss".

When we break apart, I look at Louis— face full of mixed emotions— he averts his eyes back to Eleanor, who's previous stone expression is now fuming with anger. She raises a hand, I expect her to slap Louis, but no it's me.

Louis owes me... so much.

Eleanor storms off, and Louis takes the moment of me nursing my face, to run off.

"You and Louis huh?" A voice says, I realise it belongs to Niall as he steps in front of me. "That's... a surprise." Niall offers a tight-lipped smile.

I laugh, quite insincerely.

"Yeah it's a surprise to me to." I say, starting back to the lunch room followed by Niall.

"that bitch slapped me."

AN: sorry it took so long. For some reason I had the idea in my head, but it was really difficult to "produce" it, that and the fact that I've kinda been feeling like crap.

For those that are wondering "where's the narry?" We're getting there. Stick with me. :)