fifteen

AN: It's almost time ;)

Niall and Liam were seemingly engaged in conversation with Liam talking and Niall listening. Niall was slouched down in the booth seat, as if he didn't want to hear whatever it was that Liam was telling him.

"Hey." Louis shouted interrupted whatever conversation they seemed to be having.

Niall at Louis and then at me, sitting up in his seat. When I returned his gaze he looked away. Louis grabbed my hand, dragging me over to their table and let go when we got their, Niall and Liam were opposite sides of the table so Louis ended next to Liam and I ended up next to Niall, who seemed to be trying his best to leave space in between us. While Louis was talking to Liam I took this opportunity to turn towards Niall, the boy in question.

"So helping your mom yeah?" I asked.

"Yeah, it wasn't as big of a task as she made it seem." He replied, shrugging skittishly.

I don't know if it was just me misinterpreting his body language, or if this really is how it was but he seemed so uncomfortable, and I couldn't stop myself from somehow thinking it was because of me. Before he'd noticed Louis and I was here he seemed fine. Unsettled, but fine. Fine being better than he is now and now that I'm surveying everyone at the table, Liam looked a bit bothered as well and unsettled. But Louis seemed to remain unaware of this.

"So, what were you guys talking about?" I ask, more so directing my question at Liam.

"Uh, nothing really. We just kind of ran into each other, and just started talking. Talking about random things."

"Trying to reestablish our friendship as it was before the whole date thing." Niall inputted, and my eyes flickered over to Liam momentarily, his head was turned away from me, facing towards the winder, but I could still tell that there was a slightly pained look on his face.

"Did we interrupt?" I asked.

"N—" Liam stopped, clearing his throat, "—no, we were finished and actually—" he stops again, this time to look at his phone, "—Ive got to go, I was supposed be meeting Zayn- three minutes ago." He tells us, and he turns, his body language implying that he wanted to get out of the booth and Louis catches on. He moves out of Liam's way so that he can get out.

Liam whispers a small 'Bye'. I couldn't help but feel sad for Liam. He's back to being that same timid boy I met years ago. Back to be being reserved, though he tried to hide it, he was hurting. I remember when I met Liam, he was a silent pretty much the whole time I'd had class with him all those years ago. The first that I'd ever really seen him 'let loose' was when he met Zayn, who was a lot like Liam, silent and to himself unlike the outspoken person that he's come to be now. They'd pretty much summed up why they clicked so well back then, and even though they've begun to differ from each other now that they're older their friendship still remains unchanged. Around Zayn, Liam is the opposite of himself and he'd begun to be that way around all of us, but the incident brought him right back to square one.

I turn my attention over to Niall, one look at him could tell you he was feeling guilty and there was something else there— confusion? He's been out of it as of late, and now that I think of it, and it especially showed this morning, as it is now.

Suddenly Louis speaks, "Well I came here for tea, so I'm gonna get some, Harry you want your usual? You want anything Niall?" He asks us, and I nod in reply and Niall declines.

"Ok we're alone now—"

He mumbled something, it sounded like something along the lines of 'that's the problem' but I'm unsure if that's what it was, so I just ignore it.

"Tell me what's up with you? You seem— skittish, distant, kilter, not yoursel—"

"Oh thanks a lot Harry. Tell me what else is wrong with me! Go on, tell me!" He lashes, causing me to recoil, not really yelling, but talking loud enough for his words to hit me. "You don't think I know I'm a horrible person? I emotionally wrecked someone—"

"That's not what I'm—"

"I honestly deserve whatever bad shit is coming for me—"

"I wasn't talking about—"

"Maybe someone should wreck me the way I did him." He continued, starting to get louder, and it was scaring me because he wouldn't stop, and he looked so distraught.

I grabbed hold of his hand, and he stops abruptly. His eyes flickering back and forth from the hand that was holding his and to my eyes. In that moment neither one of us say anything, and it was almost like we'd entered this void, we sound didn't exist and time slowed. I noticed a glint in his eyes. His azure blue eyes, and this pit feeling formed in my stomach.

"Here's your coffee, Harry."

Niall pulls his hand out my hold, and visibly gulps.

"S'cuse me Harry." Niall mumbles. "I've gotta go."

I take a few seconds before I move, giving him another once over before he exits the café.

"Did I miss something?" He asks, finally setting my cup down in front of me. I respond by shaking my head. He slides into the booth, taking cautious sips of his tea, that looked to be piping hot judging by the steam rising from it.

While he did that, I fought the urge to follow after Niall but I couldn't just leave Louis here. I have enough guilt as it is. Just the thought of leaving Louis here alone was filling me with guilt. So instead, I stayed seated.

Drinking my coffee, while listening to Louis talk.

AN: I'm on fire again, and it's looking like there's a chance of double update ;) watch out.

Vote, comment, and all that good stuff.