eight

AN: Narry filler 💕

Louis, Niall and I, all finally leave Liam's, he and I had made a real breakfast.

But the fact that Louis lacked skill in the kitchen gave me insight to what it is I could plan in the future for the next time we spend time together and it's up to me to plan. After dropping Louis off, I drive back to mine, and park in my driveway. When I turn off the car, Niall doesn't instantly make a move to get out of the car, so I don't either. He's kind of just staring straight ahead. I wanted to know what he was thinking, it's unusual for me to not already know what's wrong, but these days we aren't always together like we used to be so its harder for me to instantly pick up on what's wrong but I know there's only one big thing (as far I know) happening with him right now and I'm able to connect two and two together.

I take his hand and lace my fingers with his.

"Are you nervous?"

"Are you nervous?"

"Kinda— yeah— maybe a little— I don't know, what I am. I mean I shouldn't be. I've known Liam for a while now. I've never felt so self-conscious about being around him up until now and the time I just spent with him was great and I think we're pretty good together, when we're with all of you but —" he stops, huffing.

"—but?" I say, trying to coerce him into continuing, running my thumb of my laced hand over the back of his hand.

"I don't know— I feel like it won't— like we won't have that same connection alone."

A laugh a little at his dilemma, "You've been alone with Liam before."

"I know but it's different now. Way different."

"Ok how about this, you try seeing how the first bit of your date with Liam goes, and if you feel it going south, text me and Louis and I will 'pop up' if you need us too."

"I can't do that."

"It's ok."

"But it's yo—"

"It's fine, I know Louis has a love for being in other's people's business and playing matchmaker probably wouldn't mind in the slightest."

"Um. Ok. I'll keep your offer in mind, but I'm gonna try and keep that as a last resort." He says, nodding a little. "I just want this to work out."

"I understand." I say, giving his hand a little squeeze.

"So are you getting ready at mine or—"

"Im gonna go home first and I'll probably be over to yours in maybe 15-20?"

I gave him a little 'OK' and he went to get out of the car but stopped and looked back to me, and then flickered his eyes down to our still attached hands. "M'sorry." I say with a sheepish smile, and loosen my grip.

He gives me a little smile and shouts "you're the greatest" before going to use the gate to get over to his yard. I get out of the car finally, and stroll up the driveway and path and enter the house, it's quiet so I know my mom had already left for work. I push off my shoes in the foyer and walk into my living room, I strip off my shirt, tossing it in the neck of the love seat. I then stretch out across the three seating couch. I have quite a bit of time to waste before my date with Louis, so I was gonna take this time to relax, I guess. I didn't really have to worry about what to wear, Louis told me to dress nice but casual.

After a bit of watching TV, the front door opens, and Niall finally makes his entrance taking in the scene before. Which consisted of me sprawled out on the couch shirtless, while some show plays on the tv.

He doesn't say anything, he only goes to sit on the couch diagonal from me.

"Hey." I say trying to get his attention, and he looks at me, "I have something very important that I need you to do." I smile cheekily.

His eyebrows furrow.

"It's super important, like life or death."

"What is it, Harry?"

"I need you—" I pause dramatically ,"—to come over here real quick."

He does so hesitantly, I sit up and pat the space that I had opened up behind me. He takes the seat and I lay back down again.

"I needed you to be my pillow." I smile up at him innocently. He doesn't respond verbally to my childish acts but he rolls his eyes. He lifts my head for a second, but before I can go to protest he reclines the part of the chair he was sitting at and laid my head back down. He begins slowly lacing his hands in and through my hair. I'm not going to lie and say that it wasn't one of the best feelings a person could experience because it's probably one of the most comforting feelings.

But it didn't seem like I was the one that needed comforting right now.

"You alright Ni?" I ask, due to his silence which was a bit off-putting. Playfully I poke at the little dimple in his chin.

His mood changes a little when he laughs, though the laugh comes out small and breathy.

"I'm fine." He finally answers. "It's just that I'm still nervous."

"Well stop being nervous." I say, giving a weak shrug in my position.

"It's not that easy Harry."

"Honestly Niall, it's Liam for crying out loud, nothing you could do this far into your time of knowing each other to scare him away and I told you I will be your 'wingman' if you need me too. I know you, you're going to be fine. You're going to have fun."

"I know and I hope so."

AN: it's Short I'm sorry for that, and sorry it took a while, but I took a smol break, and I'm back now, and I'm gonna start working on the next update asap, hang in there :)