seven

AN: I'm sorry it's been a month since I've updated, I love youuuu.

"I honestly don't know how that fire started." Louis said, after stringing together thousands of apologies.

In short, he was making eggs, and a fire started. I ended up just grabbing a pack of saltines out of the pantry.

(DerpingAtMcDonalds you are Louis trying to cook.)

Saying that Liam was pissed, would be an understatement.

"You will never ever step foot in my kitchen again."

"I'm sorry." Louis said again from his spot outside the kitchen. He looked to me in my spot, leaned against the table (in the kitchen). He gave me his best puppy dog eyes.

"Okay, okay." I say interrupting a currently ranting Liam, who was practically muttering death threats. "Loosen up on him."

"He almost burned my house down."

"I know, I know. But you were aware of his cooking skills before yet— you still let him in."

"Don't turn this around on me."

"I'm not, I'm just saying take it easy."

"Ok, let me set your kitchen aflame, see how easy you take it."

"But I'd know it was intentional?"

"Who's to say Louis—" he says throwing a look over my shoulder to Louis behind me, "wasn't trying to intentionally burn my house down?"

"You know I wouldn't do that Liam." Louis replies.

"What's for breakfast?" Zayn says amidst a yawn, walking in the kitchen with Niall trailing shortly behind him, brushing past Louis who was leaned against the wall outside of the kitchen still.

"I guess you can have those burnt eggs." Liam muttered.

"Why the hell would I want that?" Zayn retorts and Niall scrunches his face at Liam's preposition. Niall walks over to me, and attempts to take one of the saltines out of my hand, but I don't let him.

"Gimme." He whines, trying to reach the pack behind my back.

"Get your own." I say, making a face.

"Why can't you just give me one— please." He whines again, pouting his lips. He scoots closer to me, so that I'm forced to look At him. "Please." He says quaintly, looking at me with the utmost ferocious innocence in his cerulean blue eyes. A temptation that I found myself falling into far too quickly.

I grunt in defeat, and Niall opens his mouth, and I place a saltine in his waiting mouth, and he hugs.

"Thank you." He says, his tone implied that he was clearly mocking me.

"Whatever." I say wrapping my arms loosely around his waist.

"So are you guys— like— poly now?" Zayn asked, as he passed around Niall and I, dumping the plate of charred eggs into the can. I knew that Zayn was only poking fun, cause this kind of behaviour was normal for Niall and I— the same behaviour Louis used to waver over my head before we started dating.

Niall Looks up at me, and then at Zayn, smirking a little, "Definitely."

Not only do I choke on air, but so do Liam and Zayn but Louis only laughs at his post outside the kitchen. When Liam finally gets himself under control, and slowly step towards Niall— whom I was no longer embracing.

Liam attempts to speak lowly when he speaks to Niall, "are you— really— really into that kind of thing?"

Coyly, Niall shrugs; "maybe." Leaning over to look at Zayn who was standing behind Liam with his eyebrows furrowed in confusion, "—and there's no limits to polyamory, Zayn." He says, with seriousness that was beginning to capture even my own attention, and kind of scare me to be honest. Then Niall began to laugh, it sounded kind of sinister, and then it lightened, to his regular hearty laugh.

"What the fūck?" Zayn breathed out.

"I'm just kidding." Niall giggled.

"I asked out a lunatic." Liam mumbled.

Niall made a little 'aw' noise, and walked toward Liam, throwing his arms around his neck and Liam hesitantly does the same to his waist.

"I was just kidding." Niall laughs.

"You just sounded incredibly serious. Plus I'm not a fan of sharing." Liam said, looking over curtly to Zayn.

"Don't you worry Li, I'm not into threesomes either." Niall said, laughing a little.

I was surprised at Louis' lack of participation in this conversation and I looked over to him, and he was leaned against the wall with an uninterested look and I walk over to him.

"Hey." I say, poking his side.

"Hi." He replies monotonously.

"You okay?"

"I'm fine." He say offering a minuscule smile.

"No you're not."

"Yes I am."

I knew that he was upset over Liam being upset with him, cause as usual he had the tendency to overthink things, though he rarely took many things to heart, it seems this he had. I reach for his hands and hold them in my own. I lean forward, "You ready for our date?" And it seems that I'd finally found a chink in the thin little armour that surrounded him, I'd gotten him to smile, which in turn made me smile.

"Of course." He giggled, "I have the perfect date planned."

Well that relieved my previous concerns, because I still didn't have any ideas, and I really didn't want to just— wing it.

"Can't wait." I say, giving him a kiss.

I go to lead him into the kitchen by pulling him by hand, but he pulls back.

"Liam." He says simply.

"He isn't going to do anything."

"I don't know he seemed—"

"Nada."

I finally pull him in to the kitchen, and I look at Liam, who looked like he was about to say something, but I shoot him a look that gets him to back off after a good thirty seconds of 'eye battling'.

"Louis." Liam says firmly, "if it m conducts heat, and it's in my house, you stay away from it"

AN: I know this filler isn't much to compensate for my almost a month long hiatus. But listen when I say, give me one more week, and I'll be out of school finally and will be able to update more often :D