Chapter Three

The next few days passed quickly. I mostly stayed in my room in the Leaky Cauldron so as not to see any more monsters. But sometimes I would explore Diagon Alley a bit and get some chocolate ice cream with Oreos from Fortescue's.

I woke up on the morning of September 1st with mixed emotions. Excitement for getting to learn magic, fear of what everyone would think of me if anyone found out I was a demigod. But I was mostly excited.

Having already packed my trunk the day before, I lugged it down the stairs, and got instructions on how to get to Kings Cross station from Tom the barman.

I took a bus to the train station and walked around until I found Platform 9. But my ticket said Platform 9 3/4. Only 9 and 10.

I stood there, unsure of what to do. While I debated on whether or not I should ask one of the workers, someone tapped me on the shoulder, nearly giving me a heart attack.

"Oh my gods, Fred! Trying to kill me or something?" I teased, while the red head smiled apologetically.

"Sorry, Maya. But you looked like you needed some help".

"Actually I do. How in Hades are we supposed to get to Platform 9 3/4? There's only 9 and 10," I asked.

"Ah I see. Well come on. Let me show you," he held out a hand, which I took, and he led me to a brick wall in between Platforms 9 and 10. "Ok here we are. We just have to walk through the barrier".

I stared at him like he was crazy. Run through a wall? Who does he think I am?

"I promise it's not a joke," he laughed at my expression. "C'mon we can go through together," we walked through the brick wall, and came out on the other side. There were loads of people and a scarlet train billowing smoke in front of me.

"Now was that so hard?" he smiled, and I just noticed we were still holding hands. Butterflies erupted in my stomach as I blushed.

Fred must've noticed too because he blushed as well and let go of my hand. We walked onto the train after he said goodbye to his family whom I greeted briefly.

We found the compartment George had saved for us and Fred sat down next to his twin while I sat across from him.

"So tell us-" George started.

"About yourself, Maya" Fred finished.

"Well.." I began. What should I tell them? Oh I'm just a demigod and constantly fighting monsters and running for my life. Oh and I can control water. No biggie. "Well I'm Maya Phillips, and..I don't know what do you want to know?" I continued.

"Um..well what house do you want to be in?" Fred asked.

"House? What does that mean?" I asked quizzically.

"Oh well there's Gryffindor for the brave, Ravenclaw for the wise, Hufflepuff for the loyal, and Slytherin for the cunning," George explained. "I want to be in Gryffindor. Our whole family's been in that house".

"Alright then. Gryffindor," I laughed along with the twins.

The rest of the train ride flew by, and soon the train came to a stop at the Hogsmeade station. We got off and walked towards a giant man calling for first years.

He introduced himself as Hagrid, and he led us to a bunch of boats. I climbed into one with Fred and George and the boats sailed across a huge lake one its own.

I let my fingertips glide on top of the water, feeling right at home. I looked up and saw a majestic castle with a warm glow coming from the windows. The castle was absolutely breathtaking.

A few minutes later, Hagrid knocked on the big oak doors and they were immediately opened my a stern looking woman with thin lips. I instantly realized this wasn't someone I wanted to get on the bad side of.

She led us into the castle and into the Entrance Hall, before walking through another set of big oak doors.

"My older brother Charlie said we had to fight a troll to determine what house to be in," Fred told me as we were waiting. "What do you think?"

"Honestly? I have no clue. But I highly doubt we'll have to fight a troll," trolls gave off a certain smell, and I couldn't smell it anywhere here.

Just then, the stern looking woman who had introduced herself as Professor McGonagall, led us inside the Great Hall. The ceiling had been enchanted to look like the night sky, and it was absolutely beautiful. I heard gasps come from various people as we walked down the aisle to the front of the room.

"When I call your name come and sit on the stool, and I will put on the Sorting Hat which will decide your house," Professor McGonagall said. She started calling off names, but I didn't pay much attention. It's kinda part of my ADHD.

Finally, "Phillips, Maya!" I walked up to the stool nervously and sat down as the hat was put on my head and I couldn't see anything but darkness.

Ah, a demigod. The hat spoke in my head, startling me, causing me to jump slightly earning snickers from the crowd. You are definitely brave no doubt about that. But you are also very wise.

That's what growing up with Annabeth gets you, I thought back.

Yes, yes, I see, now which house will be for you? Not Hufflepuff, no. Slytherin, maybe, but is that for you? You would do well in Ravenclaw. Well, better be-"GRYFFINDOR!" The hat shouted the last part as the table on the far left cheered. The hat was lifted off my head and I walked over and sat down on the bench while I waited for Fred and George to be sorted.

A little while later, Fred and George's names were called and they were both sorted into Gryffindor. They sat on either side of me, huge grins on their faces.

"I think we're going to have a lot of fun this year, Freddie," George smirked.

"Right you are, Georgie," Fred replied with a mischievous grin on his face.

Oh no. What did I get myself into?

___________________________
Hey guys! This chapter's a bit boring but I hope you like it anyways. Please comment and maybe vote? Bye guys!

xoxo
Michaela