Chapter Ten

The twins stared at me, dumbfounded.

"What do Greek Gods have to do with this?" George asked, annoyed.

"It actually has everything to do with it." I said slowly.

"Just tell us already." Fred rolled his eyes. "Please." He added as an afterthought.

"Okay okay." I took in a shake breath. "Well, the Greek Gods are real." I was met with raised eyebrows. "And sometimes, they come down to earth and have little flings with mortals." I continued, talking slowly. I had no idea how to word this without just saying it outright.

I paused, choosing my next words carefully. "Then their kid will be half god. A demigod." I swallowed, and gestured to myself.

They stared at me blankly. They can be so smart sometimes, yet so dumb.

I rolled my eyes. "I'm a demigod okay? There now you know. So let's just drop it and go inside. Hot chocolate kind of sounds nice right now." I smiled innocently at them and tried to leave, but they stepped in my way.

"Oh no, you're not going anywhere, young lady." Fred raised his eyebrows at me, while George grabbed my arm and forced me to sit down.

"You better start talking now, because we're not leaving until you tell us the whole story."

I glanced at them nervously, but they smiled encouragingly.

I took a deep breath.

Rubbed my numb hands together.

Looked up at the stars.

And told them everything.

• • • • •

I concluded with a relieved breath. It felt like a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders. And they didn't think I was a freak, or a filthy half breed, or a disgrace to the wizard community.

They just thought of me as the same old Maya. And I was grateful for that.

By the time I had finished, I was shivering. My fingers felt numb and I was pretty sure my lips were a deep shade of blue.

We trudged in the ankle deep snow up to the castle. George ran ahead of us, claiming his butt was going to freeze off if he didn't get inside soon. So that left me with Fred.

I shivered some more, and my teeth chattered. I felt something warm land on my back. I looked up to see that Fred had draped his jacket over my shoulders.

I glanced over at Fred, who had a small smirk on his face. He was also shivering.

"Thanks, Fred. But look at you! Now you're cold." I tried to give him his jacket back but he refused.

"No, no, no, you wear it. You look better in it anyways." I blushed, and for once I was thankful for the cold that masked my blush.

"Thanks, Freddie." I mumbled.

"Anytime, Maya." He threw his arm around my shoulders, and we continued on to the castle.

• • • • •

The twins, Lee, and I, ran down the stairs, trying not to trip. We were late for DADA, and while Professor Quirrel was terrified of everything, he still kind of creeps me out.

I burst through the door, panting.

"Sorry, Professor." I breathed out as I took my seat by the window.

"I-it's f-f-fine. Just g-get to c-class on t-t-time from n-now on." The man stuttered.

We nodded and he continued on with class. I wasn't really paying attention; it was a pretty boring lesson that day. I leaned my head against the window and watched as tiny ice crystals fell from the grey clouds above and onto the white landscape. Winter was beautiful to look at, but I wasn't really a fan of the cold. I'm more of a summer gal, being the daughter of Poseidon and all.

When I was watching the snow, I had completely zoned out. Not until George started waving a hand in my face did I snap out of my reverie.

"Huh? What?" I whispered, annoyed. I had finally been at peace for a few short moments, and George being George just had to ruin it for me.

"Professor Dumbledore wants you." George tried to refrain from laughing. Everyone in our little group always laughed when one of us got in trouble.

That's when I noticed a small boy, probably a first year, standing a few steps behind me.

"Uh- um- h-hi." The kid seemed nervous, although I couldn't imagine why.

"Hi." I said, offering a kind smile to calm his nerves.

"Um, Professor Dumbledore needs you in his office. He said something about how he likes Chocolate Frogs very much." The first year scrunched up his face in confusion.

"Ok thank you." I nodded at the boy and he scurried out of the room.

Professor Quirrel excused me from the class, and with a last wave to Fred, George, and Lee, I headed to Dumbledore's office, full of anticipation of what I was being called down for.

___________________________
Hey guys! Sorry this chapter's kinda short I haven't had a lot of time lately since I'm currently in the middle of moving! But after were moved in and everything I should be updating more later. Comment and vote! Bye guys!

P. S. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 400 READS!!

xoxo
Michaela