Chapter Twenty Nine

When the dreams had gotten so bad that I was coming to class with raccoon eyes and almost falling down the stairs multiple times, and maybe actually falling a few times, I decided to see Madame Pomfrey.

She gave me a Sleeping Draught to take at night before I went to bed, but it was strong enough to leave me in a deep sleep during the night, meaning the chances of being on my toes and alert were slim.

But, during the day, I felt much better. I was much more energized, and I could actually focus on my work. Well, minus DADA.

Professor Lockhart was such a great teacher. Knowing that his favorite color is lilac was definitely going to help us defend ourselves against the Dark Arts.

I was sitting by the lake under a tree with Ginny, who'd been sorted into Gryffindor. It was her first year, and she was practicing the Wingardium Leviosa charm while I did my Defense Against the Dark Arts "homework".

I circled 'A' for every answer, not giving a care in the world about this assignment. Suddenly, the paper flew out of my hand and into the Black Lake.

I turned around to see Ginny with a wide grin on her face, wand in hand. "Did you see that! I did it!" she exclaimed. "Oh, sorry about your homework," Ginny added as an afterthought.

I grinned. "Great job, Gin. I'm proud of you. As for the homework, I don't care. I don't think I was going to finish it anyways," I chuckled. The young red headed laughed.

Turning back around, I watched as the infamous Giant Squid broke the surface of the water for just a moment, taking my homework back down with him.

"Well," I shrugged, "at least I'll have a better story than just the dog ate my homework."

Halloween is supposed to be a fun holiday. Back in New York, Annabeth and I would trick or treat at the cabins when we were little. Some people go through haunted houses, or haunted corn mazes. Kids eat so much candy that they're on a sugar high and pass out a little while later.

Hogwarts' Halloweens are much different.

I filled up my plate with the array of warm foods and treats set out on our House table. I reached for the last pumpkin pasty when another hand landed on top of mine.

Looking up, I quirked an eyebrow. "Hands off my pasty, Weasley."

"I touched it first," Fred defended.

"Uh, no," I replied, dragging out the no. "Your hand is on top of mine."

"Fine, split it?"

"No way!" I cried, wrinkling my nose.

"You know, you're cute when you wrinkle your nose," Fred smirked.

"Wait, what?" I asked, the question taking me off guard. "Hey, that's not fair!" I whined when Fred, in my surprise, took the pumpkin pasty from under my hand, and shoved the whole thing in his mouth. He gave a slight laugh, his mouth full.

I stuck my tongue out at him, blowing him a raspberry. Fred just grinned, his coffee-colored eyes twinkling.

I sighed, a small smile gracing my lips. I leaned against Fred, and he wrapped his arm around my shoulder. "I expect a replacement pumpkin pasty in the near future," I ordered, poking his chest.

"You got it, love."

After a nice, warm meal and tons of assorted sweets, we exited the Great Hall and made our way to the Gryffindor common room.

Our group turned the corner, and gasps rippled through the crowd like a gust of wind. I let out a gasp myself at the sight that blocked our paths.

Filch's cat, Mrs. Norris, was hanging from the torch from her tail, and words drawn in crimson blood adorned the white brick wall.

The Chamber of Secrets has been opened. Enemies of the Heir beware.

"What is that supposed to mean?" I whispered, glancing at Fred and George.

"I'm not sure, but it definitely does not sound good," George replied somberly.

And right in the middle of the hallway, were Harry, Ron, and Hermione. They seemed to always be smack dab in the middle of everything.

The professors made their way through the crowd, dismissing the students to their respective common rooms, excluding the infamous trio.

Entering the common room, I bid goodnight to the Weasley twins. I slowly made my way up the stairs to the girls dorm, thoughts and questions running through my head.

I sat on my bed, not attempting to get ready to fall asleep. The other girls came into the dorm soon after, all muttering about the scene downstairs. They all sat on their beds, and we threw ideas around about what it could mean. A solemn mood settled over the room, and we stayed silent for a moment.

"What do you think is going to happen this year?" Angelina thought aloud, chewing on her bottom lip.

Sighs ensued around the room; no one knew what to say. What could this year possibly bring.

"Well," I spoke up, "I just know it's not going to be a quiet year."

Woohoo I finally got something up !! Sorry for this crap filler chapter but many many things are coming up and I'm so so so excited I've been planning it for a very long time so be prepared! Please comment and vote, and let me know your thoughts on the chapter. (Also, maybe thoughts on how I could improve as a writer? I haven't been super proud of some of my recent chapters, but oh well) anyways, enjoy!

xoxo
Michaela

unedited