Chapter Eight

(This is what I imagined Maya's sword charm to be like except it's in the center of her camp necklace.)

The days passed, and no monster attacks occurred. So far, no one except teachers knew of my heritage, and I intended to keep it that way.

Things didn't get too interesting until Halloween night.

The twins and I headed down to the Great Hall for the Halloween feast. I sat in between Fred and George, and Harry and Ron sat across from us.

"Where's Hermione?" I asked. It's only been a few weeks, but we had become pretty close, despite the two year difference.

"Parvati Patil said she wouldn't come out of the girls bathroom. She said she'd been in there all afternoon crying." Neville responded.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw Harry and Ron exchange glances. And they looked pretty guilty.

I rounded on them. "What did you two do?"

"Um..well uh...I might've said some mean things about her and she might've been standing right there." Ron mumbled.

I glared at him. "Good job Ron, honestly. I'll be right back." I stood up from the table and left the Great Hall to go to the girls bathroom.

I entered the restroom and heard someone crying in one of the stalls.

"Hermione?" I walked up to the stall. "Are you in there?"

I only got some sobs and sniffles for a reply.

"Hermione please come out. I don't know what Harry and Ron said to you but I can tell you that you're an amazing person, and you are not alone. You're one of my best friends, and you always will be."

Silence.

Then, the door opened, and there stood Hermione, with tear stained cheeks and red puffy eyes.

"Oh come here, Mione." I reached forward and gave her a hug.

She got cleaned up and we were about to go back to the feast when we heard a loud bang.

"Wh- what was that?" Hermione stammered, fear flooding her eyes.

"I don't know." I didn't tell Hermione, but I had a feeling it was some kind of monster.

Just then, a massive, smelly troll lumbered into the girl's bathroom. The doors clanged shut behind him. We were trapped.

I put Hermione behind me, and we slowly backed away from the troll.

I couldn't fight it; this troll wasn't like the trolls demigods fought. This was a troll from the wizards side.

We backed up into a stall and I could feel Hermione shaking behind me. I could feel my heart pounding as well.

I locked the stall, hoping the troll didn't see us.

Suddenly, the troll swung his club across the top of the stalls. Hermione and I were able to duck at the last minute, and bits of wood and splinters flew everywhere. I heard Hermione scream beside me.