Chapter Four

The school year passed by quickly, full of pranks the Weasley twins and I pulled, and the occasional monster, but thankfully no one has seen. So far, no one knows about my secret except a few teachers.

The twins and I walked off the train with our luggage and headed over to the Weasley family. I gave both the twins a hug and greeted the family of red heads before we went our separate ways.

I walked over to Chiron who was in wheelchair form and we headed back to Camp Half Blood.

A FEW DAYS LATER

It was pretty late at night when I heard a deafening roar. And being me, I had to go figure out what it was.

I ran to the edge of the barrier only to see a young black haired boy with sea green eyes stab the Minotaur with its own horn. He then stumbled over to a barely conscious Grover, and started carrying him to the Big House.

I ran over and helped him carry Grover, but he barely acknowledged I was there. Tears were streaming down his face and he kept mumbling something about his mom.

We got to the Big House and Chiron and Annabeth were already there. The boy collapsed onto the porch as Annabeth said, "He's the one. He must be."

"Silence, Annabeth," Chiron said. "He's still conscious. Bring him inside."

Then the boy with sea green eyes passed out.

• • • • •
The boy didn't fully wake up for another few days. Annabeth mostly cared for him, giving him medicine everyday. I couldn't place it, but he looked strangely familiar, especially his eyes.

I with Annabeth on the porch of the Big House when Grover and the boy, who I found out was named Percy, came over. Grover started whispering to Percy, probably telling us who we all were.

Percy took a seat next to Mr. D and talked with Chiron for a few minutes. Then, Chiron called to Annabeth and explained to Percy how she was the one who nursed him back to health and all that good stuff.

I just stood there, tapping my foot, my ADHD kicking in.

Annabeth was about to leave to check on Percy's bunk, when she said, "You drool when you sleep," before running up.

I snorted and mouthed to Chiron, Couple goals. He chuckled and mouthed back, I know right?! They just met and I'm already shipping them.

I decided to let them talk and explain to him what he is and all that, so I walked down to the water and dove in. I loved the salty smell of the sea and the sand squishing beneath my toes and the cool water immersing me. The beach was my happy place.

I played around in the water for a few more hours, soaking up the summer sun.

"Maya! You won't believe what just happened!" I turned to see Annabeth running towards me, absolutely soaked.

"Woah what happened?" I asked, getting out of the water, of course dry.

"Well Clarisse was trying to shove Percy's head in the toilet-"

"Wonderful"

"Shh let me finish. Well he made all the toilets explode and everything was soaked except him! I think he's.." she trailed off, but I knew exactly what she meant.

• • • • •
I was on the same team as Annabeth and Percy for Capture the Flag, and let me tell you, it's not at all what I expected.

I ran in the direction of the noise and saw Annabeth putting Percy in the water as I made my way to the front of the crowd. Then, a sea green trident glowed above Percy's head.

Everyone kneeled and looked back at forth between Percy and I. In my shock I hadn't kneeled- it's very important to be respectful to the gods if you don't want to end up as some sort of animal fro the rest of your life- so one of the campers next to me pulled me down pretty hard, and I think I have a bruise on my knee now.

But that's not the point.

I have a brother. Well technically a half brother but whatever. And this all puts a new twist on the prophecy. Who would be the one to fulfill it?

Later that night, I helped Percy move into the Poseidon cabin and it was nice to have some company for once.

We both instantly fell asleep, the night's events tiring us out.

TIME SKIP TO SEPTEMBER FIRST

After my crazy summer with Percy, Annabeth, and Grover returning the lightning bolt Luke had stolen, I was hoping for a relaxing year at Hogwarts. But being friends with Fred and George, that's pretty hard to come by.

We headed towards the carriages and found an empty one and we climbed inside.

"What do you think those are?" I nodded towards the skeletal winged horses pulling the carriage. To be honest they kind of gave me the creeps with their milky white eyes.

"What are you talking about? There's nothing there," George looked at me, concerned.

"The horses that are pulling the carriages! Right there in front of you," I cried exasperatedly.

You're not crazy. We can only be seen by those who have seen death. One of the skeletal horses neighed.

"Oh. Alright then," I replied, forgetting that Fred and George were in the carriage with me.

"Um..Maya? Are you feeling alright?" Fred asked worriedly, touching my hand to see if I was sick.

"I'm fine. Just a little out of it today," I faked a smile, while thinking of all the people I had seen die, causing me to see the skeletal horses with empty white eyes.

___________________________
Hey guys! Sorry for the time skip but I didn't really want to have to write about the whole quest. Anyway hope you like the chapter and comment and maybe vote? Bye guys!!

xoxo
Michaela