Stitches

A/N: This is a work of fiction. Some names, characters, businesses, places, events and incidents are either the products of the author’s imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental. For more details, please refer to this story's provided description. Thank you.

"Bakit ko naman siya babasagin di ba?" I answered one reporter during the Finale Presscon of our hit teleserye Pangako Sayo.

Right. Why should I need to deny things when all Daniel has said on that presscon is nothing but the truth. Our truth.

"Pangako ko sayo, habang ako andito ako hindi ka malulumbay.."  Loneliness-- he promised me I won't be lonely as long as we are in each other's life. I'd probably won't be lonely without him because I wouldn't even know what happy feels like.

I have often times said how Daniel made a better version of me, one who goes out comfortably out of my shell, someone who's brave to be herself at all times, someone who knows the people and the things that really matter.

"Love .." he called out to me as I was spacing out during our flight to Aklan.

I turned to him only to see him smiling at me. That smile, it's like a spell that makes me want to pull his face and lock my lips to his everytime. Hindi niya alam na araw araw pa rin akong nahuhulog sa ngiti niyang yan.

"She's asking if you need anything." Daniel said referring to the polite FA attending to our needs. The flight was short,but they never failed to make us feel comfortable while up in the air.

"No, I'm all good. Thank you po." I replied to the smiling attendant as I briefly placed my arm around his arm and rest my head on his shoulder.

"I've got all I need, right here in my arms. Si Babe lang,sapat na." I made a joke in my head.

"Are you sleepy? Sleep ka muna."  I heard him say pagkatapos niya akong ikiss sa buhok.

He'd probably won't see my eyes flirting with him because we were both wearing shades so I raised my head to look at him and pouted my lips, telling him what I wanted. A kiss.

They said, ang tapang ko na daw. Fearless, claiming what is mine. Yes, this is Kathryn Chandria Bernardo girlfriend ni Daniel John Ford version 2.0. Matapang, mapagangkin at mas masaya.

There was no need for hesitation, upon seeing my lips pouting at him, he went down to my face to kiss me. Smack. Three times.

There, that's what I really need.

Neither of us look around to check if someone is watching or taking a photo of our pecking game. Free. That is how I'd describe our relationship now. No more hiding to the public, no more discretion, no more holding back to show affection. Kahit may makakita pa, it's fine. Handa na kame. "Eto talaga kame eh.."

He was starting to be playful, his hand is making it's way to my behind.

As if reading my mind, he pressed the button above him to let the attendant know he is in need of assistance. To which they quickly payed attention too.

"Hey.." I reminded him.I regret not to ask for a blanket to cover us and our little exchange of physical affection.

"Yes po Sir Daniel, is there anything you'd want po?" the lady FA asked him.

He thought, I stopped him earlier.

I saw him stare a for a while not knowing what to say or was shy to tell. He'd probably think I wouldn't want to cuddle with him on our way to Aklan. Before he could even make an excuse I just heard my self say. "Baby, I need a blanket."

He turned to look at me trying to hide his undeniable glee with my request. He knows that it was my way of giving him my full consent to enjoy me throughout the flight. Kahit maikling oras lang, I wouldn't deprive him from what he wants.

Again, "..bakit ko naman siya babasagin di ba?"

It felt similar to that time we were traveling to New Zealand, amidst the growing issue of his supposed audio scandal. It wasn't really of a big deal, there were more things that we argued about but it was not all about that petty issue.

That trip was the first after we grew awkward around each other. We were at that stage where we are trying to stitch things back, I'm holding the thread and he has the needle. He started to sew the torn part of us and I was there being the thread tried to be strong so the stitches won't break along the way. Nangangapa kame. One thing I was sure, we both wanted it to be fixed.

He pulled the armrest upward so that there will be nothing in between us, hinayaan ko siya. He slowly moved towards me,trying to observe if I'd oblige. He had his arms around me, patting his hand on my waist. I didn't look at him but I felt him staring at me waiting for me to move away, but I didn't so he continued.

Finally, I gave him a glance. Nakangiti lang siya sa akin, it was an awkward smile because he wasn't sure if I still felt the same. Of course I still did. Always did.

One FA came to us and asked as if there's anything we'd want. Sasabihin na sana niyang wala when I surprised him by calling my endearment of him "Baby, I need a blanket."

Daniel was slightly taken aback by my sweet request. "Ahm, one blanket please for my girlfriend." Did he just said I was his girlfriend to a random attendant who happens to be a Filipina?

"You just confirmed our relationship to a stranger Babe."  I said laughing.

It was then I think he realized what he said. He laughed too. "Nevermind, totoo naman eh. Girlfriend kita, gusto ko na rin ipagsigawan sa kanila." he said on a serious tone.

I just smiled at his words.

Dumating ang blanket na nirequest ko. As always, nilagay niya yun sa akin, fixed it properly over my body, tucking it in my shoulders.

He was surprised when I moved closer to him and covered him with the blanket too. Bago pa siya makapagreact, I pulled the blanket upwards covering us whole, pati ulo namin nasa loob ng blanket.

"Mahal..." he tried to ask me what I'm doing. But he was happy, his voice was. I know his voice when he is happy, sad, angry or annoyed. Kinikilig ang boses niya.

I leaned to the back rest on one side so I could easily see his face. With the blanket above us, it was dark but I could see Daniel's face lightened in happiness. He pulled my feet to rest on his lap as he take me closer. He cupped my face with one hand "I love you.." he said choking a bit, later he said that he actually felt he was about to cry when he told me those words.

Instead of replying, I kissed him first and he responded right away making me let go of the things that is in between us-- differences, petty issues and pride most especially. At that moment, the thread and the needle were weaving beautifully.

As we stopped the kiss for a while, he rested his forehead on mine and said to me "I love you Mahal..thank you for not giving us up."

"I love you too Baby." I said smiling as I trace his lips that has my lipstick all over it.

Remembering it now, I realized that the needle and the thread that we were back then stitching the torn parts together has created a beautiful work of art. It wasn't just a patch, but it became a beautiful well sewn cross stitch of our love. Ready to be framed and to hang in our home as soon as we get married.

Love stitches. Love teaches.

For comments, feedbacks and or violent reactions please tag it with T525F or tag me on Twitter @MissCarla0922 don't forget to include
#VoteKathrynFPP #KCA AND VOTE PO SA SITE RELIGIOUSLY.

Thank you.💙