Counsel

A/N: This is a work of fiction. Some names, characters, businesses, places, events and incidents are either the products of the author’s imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental. For more details, please refer to this story's provided description. Thank you.

"Hi Tita!" I eagerly greeted Tita Angeli as soon as I saw her at the airport.

"Kath!" she gave me a hug.

She also greeted Mama with beso and had a small talk about how things have been.

"Where's Dj?" she turned to me to ask. I think I rolled my eyeballs involuntarily with the question. My self threw a tantrum "What else is new? He's late."

Tita just laughed off at my complain. "Awww, you're so cute. But you still love your boyfriend even if he's always late, di ba?" she tickled me, it made me giggle.

I immediately thought of that time during our New Zealand trip where we had a show with Tito Gary, her husband. If not the most memorable trip ever, it is really one of the trips I'll forever keep in my heart. We were literally stepping onto that thin line between best and worst of times, between putting an end or to begin again,between writing a period or a pause. It was crucial, our hearts were.

The night before the actual show, I was surprised to see Tita Angeli outside my hotel room. I was alone, si Mama kasama ni Dj nag didinner sa baba. I told them I was tired and if I could just sleep instead.

"Tita.." I tried to smile.

"Hi Kath, can I come in?" she asked me wearing that warm smile as always.

"Siyempre naman Tita, nasa baba po si Mama eh nagdidinner." I told her.

Her smile says that she knows and it was really me who she wants to talk to.

We sat down on my bed, not knowing what to say first or who would speak first. But I guess she was obviously concerned that she couldn't help but to ask me questions.

I knew that she'll notice the noticable distance we have, me and Dj.

We chatted for a bit, opened up one thing to another. She also shared her personal experience with me. She told me stories about her and Tito Gary when they were younger and was only starting off as married couple.

As I was listening to her narealize ko na for a relationship to really keep going, it should be a choice of two people. It can't be that the other person wants it more than the other. It is a choice that two people should make. He'll choose you,and you'll choose him-- everyday, over and over and over again. Paulit ulit yon.

"You know Kath, even if someone's the most pogi, mabait, malambing and loving man alive, he still isn't perfect. At one point he will disappoint you, hurt you without the intention to do so and he will not meet what you're asking of him....but it doesn't mean that he isn't worthy of you, of being forgiven or being loved. You see, loving someone doesn't have limits. You don't say you love a person only until he does something unacceptable, it isn't love then. It's far from love. Love as I see it, has no boundaries or numbers to count,or to keep score...is your love for him that way?"

I stared blankly for a while before I could speak.

"I love Dj Tita..." I paused. I thought I would say 'but' but I didn't. Instead I continued with words that made her smile grew bigger "...no matter what."

"I love Dj, no matter what." I repeated it to myself

We kissed on the plane, I felt that I wanted to let him feel that I love him even when I'm still mad or indifferent. I needed to let him feel to hang on until I get past this phase.