Seville

A/N: This is a work of fiction. Some names, characters, businesses, places, events and incidents are either the products of the author’s imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental. For more details, please refer to this story's provided description. Thank you.

What would have happened if we chose to give up on each other? 

It's cliche to say that I can't live a day without you. The truth is, I can-- but I don't want to.

I have already lived almost 15 years of my life not knowing you. Who was I before you? I was already my own self before you came. A cheerful, optimistic young girl who had dreams of making it big in the industry. A hard working girl who worked hard to achieve the goals of an aspiring superstar. A sweet and thoughtful daughter to my family whom they loved so much. I was me, Kathryn Chandria-- simple and I thought...nasa akin na ang lahat.

Destiny struck and chances came, you appeared out of no where in that black leather jacket, sneakers and a shirt. I saw you as you entered the room with some others. 

"Kath, sino sa tingin mo pwedeng ipartner sayo?" the question asked.

I grazed a look over many options and my I subtly pointed at you. "Yun o, yung payatot." who would have guessed I have aways chosen you from the start.

Starting a friendship with you opened doors, windows, backdoors to many things in my life. Opportunities, lessons, learnings and some other stuff that I didn't learn even when I was studying at a prestigious school in town. You were a deep person, I came to realize. You dig thoughts and you make others feel you are something else. You made me feel something else in particular. I didn't see the badboy image in you. I saw someone smart and a guy with substance. Someone I can converse with, someone I can talk about anything because you understand me, you make me feel I am understood. I saw your true value when everyone searched for the superficial. It was funny how our personalities came in contradiction but we still are the same.

The things that you nourish with time grows and so we did. We grew into each other perfectly, we reached the stage of having mutual feelings towards each other. I cared about you just as much you did for me. Slowly I let your hand reach mine, I trusted you with my heart. Many things were a first for me, you were all those things. My first and hopefully my last. I was your Queen when I was everyone's princess. You have already won me even before the show ended. Ako'y sayo at ika'y akin lamang,  you don't know how many times this line made me smile. 

Time flew beautifully for us and we reached for the top together. We dreamed, we soared together. The industry that we live in is cruel, it can make us and it can break us in an instant but we stayed true no matter what. We didn't pretend, we didn't need to act our love. It was just there, it showed, it flowed, it surfaced without forcing it to. We kept each other grounded, to always put to our minds what matters and it is us. We are the only one's that mattered. We became a secret that everyone else knew about. A mystery that was clear as day. A fairytale in the middle of an ordinary life. The truth in every lies they say.

Like everyone else, we also had our own series of misfortunes. We were human, we make mistakes, we aren't perfect but we weren't weak to throw away the things that can be fixed. Pride, we don't let that exist between us. It kills a good foundation and later on will make you regret that you didn't choose to at least try. When something is up, we talk it over. That night, I swear I was in the verge of letting go but one question kept on haunting me "Will I be okay without you tomorrow?" then thousands of memories flashedback, it went on like a montage playing in my mind. It brought me to tears, it brought me somewhere I can't even imagine. It brought me back to when I was only 15 and I haven't known you, I would probably still be my self and live but I'll leave my heart with you. That was the thought I cannot let my self deny, I won't be the same without you.