Karkat (2)

Death is a peculiar thing. It makes you feel so many things. Sadness, relief, anger, but to you it meant freedom. It meant being free of the anguish. The disgust. Freedom from him.

---------------------------------------------------

When you meet Karkat you honestly didn't know what to think. You sort of hated his rude and harsh attitude, but it added to this strange...charm of his. To say the least you thought of Karkat as attractive and somewhat adorable. You were one of the few humans on the asteroid alongside Dave and Rose. You were a (God Tier Class/Aspect) and well respected among your fellow humans. This of course led you to become friends with the remaining troll survivors on the fast travelling asteroid (sorry if its some other type of rock hurtling through space :) )

"FUCKASS, WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOUR DOING!?" You jump at the sound of a loud voice near you. You jump spilling the contents of your coffee cup all over your (color) hoodie.

"Me!? I'm not the one going around screaming at people. Damn, now I've got to clean this off. You know I don't have that many normal clothes anymore!" You shot Karkat an annoyed glare as his face slowly erupts in a subtle hue of red.

"Oh...I thought you were someone else." He looks away the blush evident on his face. He twiddles his thumbs together nervously and you can't help but smile a bit. And then you remember your spoiled hoodie. You rub your forehead annoyed.

"Who the hell could I have looked like Karkat!?" You yell a little less aggravated at the adorable tsundere in front of you. He looks up a defensive look overcoming his features. He opens his mouth hoping to explain himself, but he soon realizes he has nothing to say. In all honesty Karkat just wanted to speak to you. He wasn't used to conversion with someone he felt so red for, and so he did what he usually does when he wants to express emotions. Yelling.

"Karkat, do you know where Dave is?" Karkat's eyes widen in jealousy. He looks up to you trying to conceal his emotions, but you notice non the less. You hadn't meant for him to feel such a way. You had only hoped to move off of the topic that had caused much awkwardness.

"Why!" Karkat yells abruptly startling you. This soon turns to anger and you glare back as you reply.

"I don't know! I was just curious! Why would you care anyway!" You yell eyes shut until your done with your rant. You automatically feel a pinch of guilt as you look at his slightly guilty look.

"Sorry...um...I think he's upstairs or something..." Karkat looks away. You just let your shoulders fall and begin walking away hoping that you both could move away from such an awkward conversation.

°°°°°°°°°°°••••••••••°°°°°°°°°°•••••••••

"Sup." Dave welcomes you with a nod as you sit next to him on the couch. You were sat in a small room surrounded by books and home to an old fashioned music box thing. In all honesty you couldn't figure out the name. Oh well the name was about as useful as the red swingy thing on mailboxes. That's how names are honestly.

"Earth to Y/n. Anybody home." You jump out of your thoughts as Dave waves his hand in front of your face.

"Sorry I was just lost in thought." You blush from embarrassment.

"It's cool." Dave smiles slightly. You both continue chatting nonchalantly but from the eyes of Karkat it looked like more then that. And he hated it. A lot.

••••••°°°°°°°••••••°°°°°°°•••••••°°°°°°°

That night, or whatever time it was up in space, you headed off to bed content with the 'day'. You of course were a little disappointed with the small interaction you had with Karkat, but you still headed off the bed with a smile on your face. That was before however. Before you awoke to the screaming. You jump from your welcoming bed to the harsh cold world. You grab (weapon) and open the door slightly donning your (god tier outfit) as it truly was as comfortable as any pajamas you've worn.

"Hello?" You question as you slowly creep down the dark hallway. Your meet with silence. Eerie and ominous silence.

"Dave? Rose?" You question panic slowly setting in you. You shake your he had and breathe in shakily. You have to keep your head your friends might be in danger. You see a light and your heart speeds up. You jog towards the light and turn the corner. You wish you hadn't. You slip abruptly and fall hard to the ground. Your eyes slowly open when they had closed from the hard impact on the stone floor.

Blood. That's all your eyes meet. Most of the 'beings' were unable to make out, but some were clearly visible. Rose was on the ground with her needles stuck in her eyes, and her stomach was hanging out of her middle still slightly thumping. Kanya was...everywhere. Green splatters hit your face as her chainsaw was left on in the place that used to be her stomach. But those were nice deaths. The worst was poor Dave. Poor, poor Dave. He was set in a pool of blood with his arms cut off and chopped into little pieces. They were shoved down his throat and his legs were cut off. He was shaking and convulsing his broken shades showing his panic and obvious panic. He was choking. On his own flesh. You scramble to stand up and you maneuver yourself over to him. You plunge your hand into his mouth and pull out the flesh. It felt like jello on your hands cold and oddly liquefied. You cringe but continue to pull out the bloody meat, but as you reach in you realize it extends down his throat. Dave's throat was bleeding and you knew he would die either way. You feel tears fall down your face.

"D-dave...I-I'm so sorry." You feel the tears cascade fall down your face, and you raise your (weapon) above your head and plunge it into him ending his cruel, slow demise. You felt numb. As you looked at all he deaths you only felt numb. And then you remembered that someone had to be the criminal. Anger filled the numb and you stood up as you had to fall to your knees to help Dave.

"Show yourself you bastard!" Your eyes ignited with anger and your swing your face around. You hear a low growl.

"Y/n it's not nice to say such things to me. Your already screaming another mans name in front of me." Your eyes go wide. You knew that voice. No...he...he wouldn't do this. Not your Karkat.

"K-karkat..." Your voice wobbles and the anger disperses. You fall to your knees as you see his form emerge. You curl into a ball as you hear the sound of his feet as he approaches. The squishing reminds you of the monster near you, but you couldn't move. You...you cared for him to much.

"This is just a nightmare. A messed up nightmare and I'm going to wake up with everyone smiling." You cry and shake violently. You feel an arm pat your back. Your body is hosted off the bloody ground and you feel a face nuzzle your neck.

"Don't worry Y/n. You'll learn to live without them. You have me. Only me. And that's all you'll ever need. " Karkat nuzzles his face into your neck and walks down to your bedroom lying you down in the warm sheets. He pulls you to him and kisses your forehead.

"Night Y/n. I'm so red for you. And you're red for me alright. "You stare at his chest and simply nod. Your mind broken. Broken like the chance to have a normal relationship with the troll you loved.