1 | prologue

1 | PROLOGUE

13 message and 4 missed call notifications lit up Amelia's phone. Amelia groaned and barely lifted her head, struggling to see who could have been calling her this early in the morning.

When Amelia's eyes finally focused on the brightness, she realized who it was. Nick Fury. Amelia immediately returned the call; she was already on job probation, meaning that she could be kicked out of the organization that she technically founded. The phone rang twice before Fury picked up on the other line.

"Amelia Joanne—"

"Ah, shut up with the full name thing!" Amelia giggled into the phone, still feeling the wooziness from the night before.

"Are you on drugs again?!" He practically screamed into the phone, causing Amelia to jerk away her arm because of he loudness.

"Nah, I'm just feeling what's leftover from last night." Amelia blinked.

Silence overcame the phone for a few seconds.

"Amelia, you better be sober by the time you get here. SHIELD needs your backup right now."

"Since when did SHIELD need my help?" Amelia spoke into the phone.

"Since SHIELD found the tesseract."

* * *

sucky prologue but you know... the exposition of Amelia's new personality will be further revealed ;)