9 | welcome to earth, bitches

9 | WELCOME TO EARTH, BITCHES

After Amelia patched up Coulson's wound, she paced back and forth, biting her nails and was slowly absorbing the plausible idea that she was not human. Amelia was too lost in her train of thoughts to listen to the small conversation Coulson and Loki were having.

However, her thoughts were interrupted by an eruption of a gold colored beam that originated from Agent Coulson's weapon; the same weapon he had threatened to use on Loki earlier. The beam launched Loki though the wall behind him, leaving a hole.

"So that's what it does." Phil spoke hoarsely, but with much satisfaction.

* * *

"I tried to stop the bleeding; but this isn't exactly my area of expertise." Amelia told Fury as he rushed over to Coulson.

"I can take care of him from here." Fury nodded curtly at Amelia, indicating for her to leave.

"Yes, sir." She nodded in return.

"I'll go see if the others made it out, alive." She reported.

* * *

"Agent Coulson is down

"Agent Coulson is down."

"A medical team is on its way to your location."

"They're here— they called it." Amelia heard through her earpiece. It had only been a hot minute since Amelia left the sight of Agent Coulson, and she had already regretted it.

She pressed her eyes tightly and breathed deeply. If only she had at least stayed for his final moments. If only she had revealed herself to Loki before Coulson was stabbed. If only she would have done something more when she could.

Amelia overwhelmed herself with guilt, as she usually did, yet made no sound of grief

Amelia overwhelmed herself with guilt, as she usually did, yet made no sound of grief. For the first time, in a very long time, she was quiet. Amelia stopped in her tracks; a moment of peace, in honor of his courage to stand up to someone he clearly couldn't take on.