10 | this is war

10 | THIS IS WAR

"You need men in these buildings," Steve told the NYP, "there are people inside that could be running right into the line of fire! You take them to the basement or to the subway. You keep them off the streets. I need a perimeter, as far back a 39th."

"Why the hell should I take orders from you?" The officer questioned.

Their short conversation was interrupted by a car combusting after being shot at. Aliens fell from the sky and attacked Steve. They shot, punched and lunged themselves at Steve; yet they didn't even scratch the captain.

Amelia caught sight of the visual and ran towards him to help, but slowed when she saw Steve knock away all of the aliens by himself. The police officers immediately acted upon his request, scurrying to form a perimeter.

Steve turned around and saw Amelia with an approving smile

Steve turned around and saw Amelia with an approving smile. "This is the first time I've seen you genuinely smile since I came back." Steve snickered at her.

"Maybe, I found closure." Amelia said, sarcastically.

"Are we in a parallel universe?" Steve jumped down from the car.

"I missed this... you know, fighting." Amelia looked up and glanced at the creatures that invaded Earth.

"Well, we've got his attention. What the hell was step 2?" Tony spoke into the radio.

"We should go help Natasha and Clint." Amelia snapped back to reality from her spontaneous moment of reminisce.

Steve nodded and followed her towards Natasha and Clint. They were fending off aliens as more gathered and attacked. Amelia and Steve joined them.

Amelia pulled an exposed limb, flipping the creature on its back and stabbed it with its own spear. She readied herself for the next alien that charged at her. However, the aliens were struck down with a bolt of light as Thor flew down to the group of four.

"What the h— you couldn't have done that earlier?!" Amelia shouted.

Everyone dismissed her question. "What's the story upstairs?" Steve asked Thor.

"The energy surrounding the cube is impenetrable." Thor reported.

"Thor's right, we've gotta deal with these guys." Tony said.

"How do we do this?" Natasha asked.

"As a team." Steve replied.