6 | discussion

6 | DISCUSSION

Amelia almost went crazy watching Loki oblige to every order he received. He seemed to be okay with everything; despite that fact that his devious plan had been compromised. He was even fine with being detained!  He was up to something and Amelia was going to find out. He is the god of mischief, after all.

* * *

"In case it's unclear, you try to escape, you so much as scratch that glass," Nick pressed the large red button on the control panel of the cage, opening the bottom of the helicarrier threateningly, "you fall 30,000 feet down into a steel trap. You get how that works?!"

Loki was locked up, and Fury was putting the fear factor into the mischievous god. Fury pointed at Loki, and said, "ant," then pointed at the large red button, "boot."

Loki's gaze did not waver at Fury's threat. He simply smirked, then stated, "It's an impressive cage, not built, I think, for me." Loki indirectly referred to Bruce.

"Built for something a lot stronger than you." Fury responded.

Loki wandered over to the camera and deviously stared straight into it, clearly trying to get under the skin of the watching heroes. "Oh, I've heard. The mindless beast, makes play he's still a man. How desperate are you, that you call upon such lost creatures to defend you? Well, with the exception of Amelia; I am quite fond of her." Loki's smirk grew wider.

"How desperate am I? You threaten my world with war. You steal a force you can't hope to control. You talk about peace and you kill because it's fun. You've made me very desperate. You might not be glad that you did." Fury furiously yelled at the god.

"Ooooh, it burns you to come so close. To have the tesseract, to have power, unlimited power." Loki sneered.

"And for what? A warm light for all of mankind to share, and then to be reminded what real power is."

"Well let me know if real power wants a magazine or something." Fury said as he stomped out of the room.

* * *

As soon as Fury exited the chamber, the screen faded away; turning the avengers' attention away from watching the god and the boss argue.

"He really grows on you, doesn't he?" Banner sarcastically remarked.

Amelia scoffed. "Tell me about it."

Steve turned to face Thor, the newly added Asgardian. "Loki is going to drag this out. So, Thor, what's his play?"

"He has an army called the Chirauri. They're not of Asgard or any world known. He means to lead them against your people. They will win his the earth. In return, I suspect, for the tesseract." Thor spoke clearly and loudly. As if, he was used to working in conditions like this.

"So he's building another portal... that's what he needs Erik Selvig for." Bruce realized.

"Selvig?" Thor and Amelia said in unison.

"He's an astrophysicist."

"He's a friend." Thor muttered.