8 | testing waters

8 | TESTING WATERS

"Bruce, you have to fight it."
"He won't be able to fight it."
"This is just what Loki wants."
"Natasha, it's too late."

Natasha persisted to attempt to calm Dr. Banner, however, she was clearly failing. Amelia was on edge and was sharp. She knew that she and Natasha had to go through with her practically suicidal plan, and Amelia wasn't even sure if it would work. "We have to follow through with my plan. You know what to do, right?"

Natasha nodded slowly, looking frantically back at the Hulk whom was almost fully transitioned. Amelia kept her gun pointed up at the Hulk.

"We're going to be okay, listen to me." Natasha continued to speak to the obviously not listening Bruce-Hulk.

"We're gonna be okay, right? I swear on my life we will get you out of this, you will walk away, and never—"

"You're life?" Hulk growled.

"Natasha, now!" Amelia grabbed Natasha hand, circling around the Hulk

"Natasha, now!" Amelia grabbed Natasha hand, circling around the Hulk. "Hiberent!" Amelia shouted, stilling her surroundings, except this time... she wasn't alone in the abyss.

Natasha looked around, wide-eyed, frightened. Amelia smirked, confident in herself now because she could transfer someone with her into the frozen world. However, her accomplishment was about to get messy.

"You run and distract while I find a good position to compel him." Amelia stiffened back into her militant facade.

"Ready, set—" Amelia was interrupted by a seething, scorch feeling rumbling under her skin. Amelia's body was under extreme stress from all the power that she was using to hold back the forward thrust of time. Amelia screamed in pain and bloody tears began to dribble down her face.

"You have to send us back now, Stinson!" Natasha said as she grabbed Amelia's face, looking intently at Amelia's leaking eyeballs.

"Revertere—" Amelia coughed up more blood. Nothing happened.

"Try again! I am not going to let you eat yourself from the inside out!" Natasha shouted, despite the need to.

"Rever—" Amelia's legs buckled and she collapsed into the floor, spurting out blood from everywhere.

The excruciating boiling of her blood and feeling of her insides coming out through her throat caused Amelia to be occupied with expelling blood rather than releasing her and Natasha from the frozen world.