4 | kinda calm and kinda collected

4 | KINDA CALM AND KINDA COLLECTED

Amelia boiled in rage and despair. All she wanted to do was scream and sob all at once. Her hand shook from the pounding pulse of her excited blood. No matter how hard she tried, she could never lower her temper unless she gave herself time. However, now wasn't exactly the best time to use to calm her enragement.

Amelia was still on the dock, but she thought quickly before anyone would come near to ask if she was okay. Amelia knew there was only one way to let her comprehend what was happening around her. She needed to give herself time.

Amelia was quite used to using her power to stop or slow time. She had fully understood it way back when SHIELD was just beginning to be founded. She always used it as a party trick when she was hanging with her druggie "friends."

flashback

"Amelia," Howard Stark gained the attention of the blonde, whom was crying on her bed from the betrayal, "I know this isn't the right time... But, it's been killing me not to tell you what happened."

"What is it?" Amelia muttered, lifting her head a little more, revealing her tear and mascara stained face.

"Rumor has it— well..." He began.

"Spit it out already, Stark." Amelia hissed.

"Steve was using you as a rebound. Since Peggy rejected him when he first asked her out. I guess things changed and he didn't make it clear to you." Howard was awfully timid, afraid of what Amelia was going to do. She did seem like the type to be self-destructive... and purely destructive.

However, Amelia simply laid her head back down and continued to sob some more. Her heart swelled up with more hatred than ever before and all she wanted to do was tear everything in the room apart.

"You don't help, Stark." Amelia spat out, while she held down a sob. He didn't respond. The room grew awkwardly quiet, and Amelia had an urge to see why Howard wasn't speaking to her anymore. But she didn't look up, she couldn't bear to see the pity that glowed in his eyes.

Amelia kept her head laid on the table for ten more minutes before finally looking up. Howard was still there, but it was as if he was stuck. Amelia's eyes widened, she had seen this before.

"Oh no, no, no! Please, not again! What is this?" Amelia paced around the room, trying to remember what she did the last time she was stuck in the midst of time.

"Go back!" She yelled, trying to fix time once again. Amelia's emotions were out of control and she wasn't in the right mental state to focus on flicking the pause switch of time back.

"Just... breathe, Stinson. Just breathe." Amelia inhaled and exhaled deeply as she collected herself.

"Revertere!" She felt herself say. Amelia spoke without autonomy. It was as if her mind knew what she wanted to do. And with that, time was restored once again.

flashforward

"Hiberent!" Amelia yelled, channeling her inner thoughts to the outskirts of her brain in order to focus on pausing the universe. Everything went still, the gentle breeze that she had felt, suddenly stopped and the air suddenly seemed stuffy and uncirculated.

* * *

It took Amelia about 20 minutes to finally realize: this is happening. However, in those 20 minutes, she also realized how much she was going to say to Steve. Which mostly consisted of words full of hate, dipped with venomous anger. The words were inevitably going to spit out of her mouth as soon as she was to speak to him.

"Revertere!" Amelia commanded forcefully. Time restored and the people around her pursued to take their actions. Amelia couldn't hear the deathly sound of silence anymore and she felt like she was breathing fresh air for the first time in 100 years again.

Amelia sharply took in a breath of air. "Welcome back, Captain." She breathed out before pasting on a false smile and turning back around to get ready for the face-trace.

Author's Note:
Oops, I got y'all all excited didn't I?

But it was just a "filler," well kinda. (Hint: Bc there was some important info in here that you'll need for future reference c; )

Be ready for the next chapter, though! I won't hit y'all with the filler again lol