3 | guess who's back

3 | GUESS WHO'S BACK

The quinjet landed roughly on the platform, making Amelia violently fall out of her seat.

"Jesus, can't you fly a jet?" Amelia yelled over the loud engines. Fury must've sent Amelia on one of the oldest jets in the whole facility.

"It's not exactly easy to smoothly fly a 30-year-old, 23,000 pound jet, Agent Stinson." The pilot snickered.

"If I can fly it while drunk, I'm sure you can fly it soberly." Amelia snapped, annoyed.

Amelia exited the jet, feeling the cold, burning sensation of the wind lash her face. "Amelia?" The very recognizable voice of Natasha Romanoff uncertainly called.

"Natasha," Amelia smiled.

"Wow, I can't believe you are actually here— where have you been? What made you come?" Natasha asked while running to Amelia and hugging her tightly.

"Woah, woah. Don't get used to my presence here, I won't be staying." Amelia explained.

"I'm glad you're here." Natasha smiled widely, releasing Amelia from her hug.

"Should we go in? They're probably going to start the face-trace soon." Amelia rubbed her hands against her arms, attempting to warm herself against the strong winds that were blowing on her.

"I have to give a tour to a new recruit, didn't you hear about the discov—" Natasha was interrupted by the whirring sound of another quinjet that was landing.

"He's here," Natasha's face tightened into her usual, professional agent face.

The quinjet landed quite swiftly and the door of the jet immediately eased its way open. Phil Coulson strode out of the quinjet with the widest grin plastered onto his face. He caught Amelia's curious and confused stare.

"Amelia..." He called from afar.

"Hey, Phil!" Amelia waved kindly. Although Amelia was rarely around to help with SHIELD, she was still at the same level as Fury (in terms of agent classifications). So, she was informed of everything, despite the fact that she really didn't care. Amelia would sometimes even attend the meetings, allowing herself to meet Natasha, Phil and more.

Phil's eyes widened, realizing that Amelia didn't know of the man aboard. He didn't know how she was going to react; he had heard many stories of him and Amelia's relationship, and Phil didn't know which one was true. However, he did know one thing: it didn't end well.

Amelia tilted her head in confusion at him. Then, suddenly, a familiar red, white and blue suit exited the jet. Amelia slowly looked up at the man. It couldn't be. He was dead. He had been lost in the ocean. She never thought of the day where she would see him again.

"Oh my fucking god." Amelia muttered, astonished. The man couldn't see Amelia from where he was standing and Natasha pursued to speak with him and Phil.

"Yeah, he's actually been around for a couple months now..." Bruce Banner commented as he walked up next to Amelia.

"What?"

"Mhmm." Bruce replied, before he walked over to speak with Steve Rogers.

"I— I literally have no words, what?" Amelia hyperventilated, stressing out.

"That asshole!" Amelia screamed at the top of her lungs, making every pair of eyes on the dock turned to her. However, she spun on her heel and stomped away with angry tears in her eyes before Steve could catch a glance of her face. She wasn't ready to face him. She was going to murder Fury.