7 | regression

7 | REGRESSION

"Lady Lia!" Thor called after Amelia, whom was eagerly speeding down to the lab.

She spun around, her hair flying up around her in the process. "Thor," she breathed out.

"It has been a long while since I have spoken to you." He half-smiled.

Amelia smiled sympathetically. "The last time we saw each other, Loki was in his right mind and I rejected your offer to go to Asgard. But don't you dare think that I don't want to visit your home sometime!" Amelia giggled. Thor smiled widely.

"Anyway, have you finally found your queen yet?" She nudged his side with her elbow and playfully smirked

"Nonsense, I have more pressing issues to pursue." He referenced Loki.

* * *

Amelia eventually made her way down to the lab, and Fury, Tony and Bruce were there. "America's sweetheart has arrived—" Amelia was interrupted by Fury.

"You're supposed to be locating the  tesseract." He said to the scientist and engineer.

"We are, the models locked and we're  sweeping for the signature now. When we get a bit we'll have the location within half a mile." Banner pointed to a screen across the room.

"Yeah, ten you get your cube back. No muss, no fuss." Tony said as he watched the computer screen. "What is Phase 2?"

Steve came in and slammed a weapon on the metal table beside Amelia. "Phase 2 is SHIELD uses the cube to make weapons. Sorry, the computer was moving a little slow for me." Steve announced.

"Rogers, we gathered everything related to the tesseract. This doesn't mean that we're making—" Fury began.

"I'm sorry, Nick. What? Were you lying?" Tony moved the computer screen for the others could see it too.

"I wouldn't be surprised," Amelia raised her brows, crossing her arms, "what happened to making good choices Nick?" Thor and Natasha entered.

"Did you know about this?" Banner asked Fury.

"You wanna think about removing yourself from this environment, Doctor?" Natasha asked Banner, politely.

"I was in Calcutta, I was pretty well removed." Bruce hissed.

"Loki is manipulating you."