5 | new people, new problems

5 | NEW PEOPLE, NEW PROBLEMS

Amelia, after reconsidering her life for a while in the bathroom, rushed into the main hub. Amelia's legs stopped moving as soon as her eyes landed on Steve. He was speaking to Agent Coulson, signing some cards.

Amelia inhaled sharply, swallowing up enough courage to face him. She walked directly towards the two, then after having a few feet of distance from him, she spun on her heel and scurried over to the facial-recognition screen.

"Agent Stinson!" Agent Sitwell smiled widely, opening his arms to give her a welcoming hug.

Amelia's eyes widened and she shot up a finger up to his lips. "Shut up."

Sitwell was confused for a second, then shrugged; uninterested as to why she was action so strange

Sitwell was confused for a second, then shrugged; uninterested as to why she was action so strange. Amelia followed him, watching the screens flicker as they changed images. "We got a hit! Sixty-seven percent match," Sitwell called, "wait! Cross-match, seventy-nine percent!"

Amelia absorbed herself in the charts that lit up with growing numbers. "Location?" She asked, unknowing of an approaching Steve.

"Stuttgart, Germany. Konigstrasse, he's not exactly hiding." He replied.

"You're up, Stinson." Fury said. Steve's attention shot over to the back of the blonde's head.

"You too, Rogers." Then, Amelia realized, Steve had just realized that she was here. Amelia blinked and pursed her lips together before turning around slowly.

"Amelia?" He asked, a bit uncertain.

"We don't have time for this, get into uniform; I'll meet you at the quinjet." Amelia stated, hardening her face.

"I can't believe—"

"Go!" She barked.

Steve nodded and sped over to his own room to get dressed. "Oh, and Fury... don't think your free of my wrath, either." Amelia balled up her fist and hit it with her other hand, indicating that he was going to get beat.

* * *

"You sure you're ready for this?" Natasha asked as she stood at the door, waiting for Amelia to get dressed into her sleek combatant suit.

"No. But I have to be, if I want to get it over with quickly." Amelia sighed exasperatedly.

Silence overcame the room as Natasha waited. Amelia and Natasha weren't exactly friend, they were more like bar buddies. But, they were the only female friend they had. So, they had each other's backs; even if they didn't know much about each other.