16

Luka's POV:

Lily slammed my front door open to my house, yelling for my mother's name. She seemed more frantic than me over the situation, or really pissed. Kaito a person we 'kind of' trusted, had showed us his ugliest side. Targeting those around us, making it seemed like we were untouchable. What ignorance... I'm even more arrogant. I thought he was right and had the same attitude towards everyone. It scares me. Scares me that I was that kind of monster.

"Luka what happened?" My mother gasped, seeing the smaller girl in my arms. She was cover in scraps and cuts, newly form bruises had started to show. Miku looked like she was hit by a car. When she gets fixed up, I'm going to ruin Kaito. "Luki, pull out the futon. Luka lay her on the bed." Mother had ordered me and my sibling. Luki struggled getting the bed unfolded from the couch, Lily let out a sigh in frustration as she watched my sibling struggle.

"Luki stand back, dear Christ." My best friend stomped over, the basically ripped the bed out from its folded position. I carefully laid Miku down on the bed, Luki placed on of the cushions under her head for support. My mom reenter the room, holding all sorts of objects. Luki jogged across the room to help her.

"Luka, Lily, please tell me what on earth happens to this poor girl?"

"That Asshole is what happened." Lily cursed, she gripped her phone tightly in her hand, knuckles turning white from the pressure.

"Kaito?" Luki finally piped in, I nodded.

"Luka what did you do? I know Lily must have given him a number." Mom asked.

"I did what was right. Broke up with him, and let the horror sink into his thick, stupid skull." Watching my mother tend to Miku, my heart ached. The girl I have tried to protect and care for was unconscious and beaten.

"Luka you should probably call Miku's parents. They are probably worried sick that she isn't home yet." Letting out a heavy sigh, she doesn't know yet.

"Mom?"

"What is it darlin? I told you to call her parents." She turned to face me.

"Her parents disowned her." Looking away from my mother.

Mom was that type who was the parent of anyone who entered her house. She would treat my friends like they were her own children. It was just her thing. For me to say Miku's family had disowned her, and kicked her out. I know it would affect my mom, I can't even look at her to say it. I could hear her awkwardly shift when she was taking care of the small girl.

"Lily you should probably go home. Thank you for helping." She finally spoke up. The blonde had nodded, exiting fast to get home. The air around us became awkward, with no noise to fill the air.

"Mom are you ok?" I asked, softky touching her shoulder.

"Does it look ok?" She snapped. "Why didn't you tell me! This poor girl has to go through so much. Luka, you know better than that." I finally broke down and cried.

"Mom, I'm sorry. I didn't mean for any of this. I should have listen to Lily, I should have never went to the party. I made a mistake!" My hair became a tangled mess, as I shook my head no a billion times. My own hands grabbed my face, trying to hold my tears back.

"Megurine get up." She called me by our last name. Shifting up off the ground, my eyes didn't dare look up and face her still. I could hear her sigh heavily, as she sat down in the chair near Miku. "Im not upset with you, just disappointed. You know better that our home is open to anyone who needs it."

"But I thou-"

"No buts. I don't care what their sexuality, gender, race, or whatever else. This home will be open to them." Silence fell over us. I was thinking over her words, and wondering how much she does know about her children? If she didn't know as much as I thought, then how? I've never slipped up and neither did Luki. He was very secretive about his life. There's no way mom or even dad for that matter know their only son was becoming another daughter to them. It was only something me and luki spoke about when we were alone. Though for me the younger sister. The one who broke the rules to fit in. I went out drinking, partying, and well almost done everything in the book. If my parents really found out about all of that, I should be grounded for the rest of my life. I slipped up once and look where it left me. My family and now probably the while school now, knows I'm gay for the new girl in our school, as well in a happy relationship.

Thinking back to the night I first met her. I was drunk off my ass, and was looking for some fun. I was the one who pulled her tiny body onto me, and kissed her. At the time, I could have sworn she was a he. When morning hit, I was wrong. Every moment after became a nightmare that was also a dream. We had class together, hanged out, and even had a sleepover before. All lead up to me confessing my feeling before her, and which lead us to have a secret relationship. Lily was the first to know, then my brother and my family. Kaito my now ex boyfriend, was picking up on our flirtation towards each other. He was like a pimple on a beautiful face, he was ugly inside and out. Kaito had his own way having things, he kept kids in constant fear. His monstrous ways affected me, and at one point I was the same. I was disgusted with myself.

"Luka?" My mother called for my attention.

"Yes?" Finally making eye contact with her. She had heavy bags under her eyes, she clearly wasn't sleeping well due to her own issues and concerns.

"You won't let him get away with this act of hatred, will you?"

"No."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1041 words.

That's a lot of words for this chapter, and I kind of wanted to write more but eh. I need something for the next chapter.

Also I know a lot of you readers wanted me to have some cute moments of fluff, but where I left the story off last time. It just wasn't going to happen :') pls forgive.

~KittyCosplayer