Chapter 18: Dylan

"So these are you're parents?" I ask. Pointing to a picture of two older people together.

"No. They're are my step parents. I never new my real parents. They gave me up when I was 4." She said sadly.

"Hey it's okay. My parents kicked me out when I was 16." I reply. Reaching up and touching her shoulder.

"Yeah right. Your lying." She says.

"You're right. I am. They kicked me out as soon as it wasn't illegal" I say smiling.

She laughs. Then her face shows sadness again.

"Is there something you want to talk about?" I ask.

"It's nothing you'd be concerned about." she replies.

" And since when do you know what I'm concerned about?" I say with a hint of humour.

"Don't mock me." she says with a smile. "It's nothing really."

"You sure?" I ask.

"Well,-" She starts. "I knew it" I retort.

"It's just that I have this friend. She says she might have feelings for this guy." She starts out.

I already knew where this was heading and I had a feeling this was about us. Not that there really was an us.

"She says that she's afraid to let him in her heart." She goes on. " She's afraid because of her past relationship. It was her first love. He had hurt her so badly in the end. She's afraid that it might happen again with this guy. What should she do?" She finishes. Looking down at her feet.

"Well, I think she should give the guy a chance." I say. I lift her chin and pull her face closer to mine. "She should let him into her heart and let him know about her feelings." I say. Then I place my lips on hers, kissing her softly.