Chapter 35: Katrina

As I walk up the lawn, I notice my front door is open. 

   I walk through the door and notice nothing is out of place. I head upstairs and everything is the same as I left it. An Alex sized hole in my window, blood on the wooden floor from me cracking my skull open, sheets scattered all over the floor and a burnt window sill. 

  Only, I didn't leave a hole in my wall by the bedroom doorway.

  Hands wrap around my waist and I freak. I push him back, grab a piece of the glass lying on the floor and tackle him to the ground. I held it at his throat, ready to slice open an artery. 

   "How'd you get in here?!" I ask.

   "It's me Katrina. Dylan." 

   I feel relief flood through me.  I move the glass shard away from his throat and I immediately bend down to kiss him. I've missed him, and I was so worried. He sits up, pressing his lips against mine and kissing me back. I wrap my hands around his neck and straddle him. His hands roam along my back and slip under my shirt, his rough calluses touching my bare skin. I run my hands through his hair, turning my head a little to deepen the kiss. He nibbles my lower lip, begging for entry and when I don't let him in he runs his hands through my hair and slightly pulls. A gasp of surprise escapes and his velvety tongue slips in. I lean him back down against the floor, sucking on his tongue before wrenching my lips free.

   "I'm sorry." I said, breathing hard.

   "I should've told you." He replied, also trying to steady his breathing. "Sorry about the hole in the wall too by the way."

   "You didn't do much damage compared to me and Alex." I say.

   "What?" He said, sounding confused.

   "It's a long story." I replied, kissing him one more time.

   "Hey, do you mind getting off me? You're heavier than you think." He said, smiling.

   I playfully punch him in the chest before finally getting up. 

   "I'm staying the night. You're not gonna be here by yourself." Dylan says.

   "I'll be fine. I kicked Alex's butt easily. Don't worry." I assured him.

   "I'm still staying. We're gonna have to sleep on the couch, it's gonna be too cold up here." He replies.

   "OK, fine." I say, not wanting to start a stupid argument.

   We head downstairs, shut the door and lock it. 

   Dylan walked over to the couch and lays down.

   "Are you coming?" He asks.

   I give him an odd look. "You know I can sleep on the other couch right?"

   "I want to hold you while I sleep, it'll help me sleep better knowing you're safe beneath my arms." He replied.

   "You sound like a weird romantic idiot." I replied, because he really did sound like an idiot right now.

   He jumps off the couch and holds his hand out for me. "I'm your  romantic idiot."

   I take his hand and he spins me around into a hug, drags me over to the couch and lays down with me settling in between his legs. 

   I laugh as he tiptoes his fingers up my thigh.

   "That tickles." I say, my cheeks feeling warm.

   "Does it now?" He says.

   He traces his finger over the pulse in my neck and I turn my head so he could stop. He moves down a little so that his face is level with mine and plants a kiss on my lips. I sigh against his mouth. I could just fall asleep like this.

   I break the kiss with a yawn. 

   "You better get some sleep." Dylan says.

   I moan, I knew I was exhausted. I wasn't so sure why though, I hadn't really done anything today. Maybe the attack from Alex was what had worn me out, I don't know. 

   Dylan scoots himself back up a little to get comfortable and lays his chin on my head. I close my eyes and think about the future. The questions.

   Will I be able to have kids with the way my life is? How can I have a good life with not knowing what Alex will do next, or trying to hurt my baby? I want to have kids. I wonder if Dylan wants kids. Or even wants to get married. I shouldn't even be thinking these things. We'll probably break up before any of this even begins to cross Dylan's mind. Will Alex try to hurt Dylan, maybe even kill him? I have no idea what he's capable of, but I have a pretty good idea.

   I need to stop thinking of all the bad things before I lose my mind. Instead, I try to think about what our children would look like if me and Dylan were to... Have kids.

   If it was a boy, he'd have Dylan's dimples, skin tone and eyes.

   If it was a girl, she'd have Dylan's dark hair and also have dimples.

   I don't know. All I know is I'm tired.

   I don't know when, but eventually I fall asleep.