26/100

Right by your side

Naruto woke to the sound of a beeping noise. He found himself unable to move and in an unbeatable pain.

'What the...what happened to me.' He asked himself. Naruto struggled a bit but managed to look to the side and he couldn't believe what he saw.

'Sasuke!' His close friend was laying in the hospital bed knocked out cold.

Naruto's memories started to come back like a flood. He started to remember why he was in a hospital bed in the first place. 'Oh yeah that's right.. the final battle between us.' Naruto closed his eyes and plastered a small but joyful smile on his face.

'I'd fulfill that promise Sakura chan...' He thought. He sat there in silence for a moment or two before realizing something or someone very special.

"Sakura chan!" Shouted in a hushed tone. He tried his best to look to the other side of the room. His body was in so much pain after turning to see Sasuke, but he didn't care. He just wanted to see her. When he finally turned in the right direction he saw her.

Sakura was sleeping on a wooden desk facing towards him. She had her head resting on her folded arms.

'Did she wait for me?' He asked himself. then he started to think of the possibility of her waiting for him to wake up. To heal.

"hmmm" A low moan slipped out the young man's mouth right beside him as he turned his head.

Moments later he came to realize that Sasuke, his best friend, was also there in the same room.

'Maybe she only came for him...' he thought. He snapped right out of his thoughts when he saw pink hair move put the corner of his left eye.

'Oh no Sakura chan is waking up!' he panicked. He was trying to think of something before she lifted her head up.

'I got it!' he thought and faked slept as she lifted her head and turned to face him. Sakura whipped the sleepiness and eye boogers out of her eyes. She then plastered a little half smile on her face.

"Oh Naruto....and Sasuke they said that you'd be awake by now but i can't blame you two for sleeping in." Sakura said as she weakly giggled. Sakura's smile turned back blank.

"Why did you do this Naruto...you idiot... almost getting yourself killed...for a person...for me." Sakura complained. Tears started to form in her eyes.

"Kami why couldn't you just let him go I mean...it took awhile for me to...to let go but you...you are just a stubborn  idiot." She said. By now the tears started to slowly run down her face. A little bit dripping on Naruto making him tense. It pained him to see Sakura like this.

"But I guess it doesn't matter anymore since you got Sasuke kun back right." Her voice cracked. "Naruto...if your listening to me, I just want you to know that...I love you and until you wake up I'll be right by your side ok every step of the way." She explained.

Naruto was shocked to hear this come from her. His brain was doubting her words but his heart. His heart was saying that she was telling the truth.

"I know me...saying that I love you sound a bit weird but it's the truth." She explained. "What I thought I saw in Sasuke wasn't love because all I saw was mysterious and loner like behavior and I knew nothing about him and I was being so so selfish with my feelings and not thinking about his and spending all this time with you made me realize that...and also how I fell for your courageous, kind, bright personality. "You brought the best in me and...I just hate that I didn't see it earlier." Sakura explained.

Naruto was fully taken back by her explanation. And he actually believed her words.

Sakura then whipped her tears from her face and cleared her throat. "I'll just step out for a bit." She said to herself. She got up and took but one step before she felt a tug at the hem of her shirt. She turned around and widen her eyes at Naruto.

"Did...do you really mean it Sakura chan?" Naruto asked in a weak raspy voice.

"Of course I do...every bit of it." She said. She then took his bandaged hand and walked back to him.

"I love you too Sakura chan." Naruto said and smiled.

"I know..." She said and smiled back at him. She then leaned in and kissed his forehead.

"Now go rest up." She said as she walked out the room. Naruto just smiled and closed his eyes.

Schools over updates are back!