69/100

Doctor's visit

Naruto walked in the leaf villages' most renowned hospital, Konoha Med and walked up to the receptionist.

"Hi I'm trying to see Jiraiya?" He said.

"Name please?"

"Uzumaki Naruto."

"He is in room 208."

"Thank you." Naruto walked to the room of his former guardian. He felt positive about his visit. About him.

He is getting better

Naruto finally reached his room and knocked on the door.

"...Come in." A slightly weak voice called out. Naruto opened the door and smiled brightly.

"Hey there! How are you feeling today?"

Naruto was met with a hearty laugh and a bright smile. "Ah better than last week but I still feel weak."

"That's good. That's good." Naruto said while pulling up a seat next to him. "I want to see you up and atom before Christmas."

"You and me both kid. I don't want to miss our Christmas tradition." Jiraiya said back. "Besides, if we're being honest here, the food here kind of sucks and the TV has limited channels."

Naruto laughed at his complaints. "Well you're going to have to deal with it until you get better."

"Yeah yeah. How's college been?"

"It's been a rollercoaster but I'm doing well in most of my classes."

"Most?"

"Yeah math and science is killing me." Naruto laughed nervously while scratching his neck.

"Math and science? Those were you're best subjects in high school on down." Jiraiya said obviously being serious. He sat up in his bed and looked Naruto straight in his eyes.

"Look kid, don't slip in your grades just because I'm in the hospital. Don't worry about me so much. Worry about that school work."

Naruto's smiled fated away and got up in frustration. "How can I not worry when I the only other family I've ever knew besides granny is about to die? Hmm? How do you to expect me to Ace those test and projects without thinking about if you're gonna die while I'm not there?" He explained in frustration.

"You just have to Naruto. I did it during my time in the military." Jiraiya shouted a little.

"Well I'm not like you ok? I'm as that strong as you. I can't just ignore something this big and important."

"Naruto come here." Naruto sighed heavily and rubbed his eyes and got closer to his father figure.

"Yes?" Jiraiya grabbed his hand and embraced it in his own and looked him dead in the eyes.

"Naruto I want you to promise me something. I want you to stop worrying about me."

"But-"

"I'll be fine. Go smell the roses or something. Take a girl out. Live everyday like it is your last because you never know when it's your last day Do something spontaneous. Something. Just don't worry about me all the time. "

"Jiraiya..."

"Promise me."

"...I promise." Naruto said and immediately left. Jiraiya sighed and laid back down.

"That boy is so worrisome..."

Naruto closed the hospital door and walked down the corridor until he across a bench. There was one other person sitting on the bench