13. Rendition

She was in a damn fine mood! Classes were complete; she had a three day weekend, and best of all, Harry was on the horizon. Where things might progress with him, she did not know. None the less, her decision to enjoy him while she figured it out, had been made.

It had taken some time for Madelyn to feel interested in men after her marriage ended. When she did start dating again, it was all on her terms. She was not looking for a relationship beyond the casual; she wasn't even sure a relationship was meant to be for her. Men were enjoyed at arm's length. This had worked out just fine in most cases. If it seemed that a companion was becoming overly invested, Madelyn would try to fade away. If that didn't work she said thank you and goodbye, reminding them of the ground rules that she had always verbalized when she started seeing someone new. There was never the possibility of what she expected from the men she dated to be misunderstood because she spelled it out before the first date. She neglected to have this conversation with Harry, however,  although the opportunity had presented itself.

Madelyn was in a bit of a quandary regarding dating Harry. The attraction she felt was unmistakable. Denying the magnetic pull toward him was futile. She had determined that she would be with him. The contention now was, in what capacity? The sex had been phenomenal. She had never known better, and she felt safe with him, unlike with her ex-husband, whom she had come to fear. Harry had been aggressive, but she trusted that he wouldn't hurt her. Contrary to any other man she had been with, she had welcomed that bit of dominance as it was paired with his concern for her pleasure and comfort. It had been years since she had let herself go so completely and with such delicious results.

Harry had sent her several random texts throughout the week. Most were sweet just-checking-in messages. A few were not.

Thursday:

7:00pm- What are you wearing?  H.

7:03pm- Um, what? M.

7:05pm- Shit! No, I meant what are you wearing tomorrow night?  H.

7:09pm- Oh. You had me going for a minute! LOL!  You said a nice restaurant, so black dress and heels. That ok?  M.

7:14pm- Very ok! Wear a long coat if you have one. We might be outside briefly.  H.

7:17pm- I can do that. Anything else I should know about tomorrow?  M.

7:22pm- Madelyn?  H.

7:23pm- Yes?  M.

7:25pm- Don't wear those tights.  H.

7:29pm- No tights, Harry. Bare legs??  M.

7:37pm- Sorry. I needed a minute. Please???  H.

7:39pm- You ok? LOL!  M.

7:43pm- I'm better than ok.  H.

7:44pm- Madelyn? What are you wearing?  H.

7:47pm- Night, Harry. I'll see you tomorrow.  M.

8:00pm- Goodnight Professor M. Sweet dreams. x  H.

Madelyn couldn't stop her smirk and eye roll as she reviewed their texts while sitting on her bed before putting on the dress she had chosen for their evening out. He was a cheeky one. Dropping her damp towel she stood, now naked in front of the full-length mirror, examining her body with a critical eye.

She appreciated her figure again. Her shape was well proportioned, perhaps a little too full in the bust, but well-made. Jack had found plenty of pleasure in her body, but he was quick to point out the flaws as well. It was subtle at first. Early on he might tease her if she had a blemish or thought she was due for a wax, later it was harsher. He would pinch her middle and comment that she needed to 'lose a few' before he got her pregnant so she didn't end up looking like a cow. It ate away at her self-esteem.