34. Freeing

"Please, don't cry." Harry smoothed the pad of his thumb over her cheek, catching an errant tear. "I didn't mean to push you, Madelyn, but I need you to know that I'm in love with you. You said you didn't want to be alone anymore. I'm here and I'm staying for as long as you'll have me."

"Harry," she stilled his talk with her fingers over his lips. "I love you, too."

His grin lit his face in the dim light. "You do, really?"

"I do," she laughed. "I really, really do."

Sliding his arms beneath her, he pulled her tight, spilling kisses over her forehead, nose, and chin, as he began to withdraw himself. Madelyn's feet slid over the backs of his thighs to rest on the bed, stilling him.

"You're still hard. You didn't finish."

"Shh, it's fine. This is about you, tonight. Too much has been taken from you. Just let me give something."

She raised her hands to cup his face. If this man was the karmic payback for all she had lost as a result of her failed marriage, then Madelyn knew she was the universal winner at life.

"Harry, this is most definitely about us. We both need to be able to give and take."

He dropped a chaste kiss on her lips.

"Fine, Harry, if you want to do all the giving."

Madelyn disentangled their legs and shoved hard against his shoulders.

"Get off."

"What? What did I do?"

"I said get off of me, Harry," her tone was even, but insistent.

Instantly, he pulled himself out of her warmth and rolled to his back. He far outsized her and had it been his wish, he could have easily held her in place. Now didn't seem like the time to play that card.

Instead, he propped himself against the wide slats of the headboard. His cock was still hard, though he was trying to will it into submission. Harry grabbed the sheet to cover himself. Madelyn's attitude had shifted and while he was rarely one to feel discomfort in his own nudity, he assumed she might not want his dick standing at full attention if she was going to read him the riot act.

"Stop it. You're not shy." She whipped the sheet away from him and stood up.

"Baby, what..."

"Don't talk. Just listen. I'm going to say this one time and one time only," her voice was now urgent.

If steam could have rolled off of her body, it would have. In the span of two minutes, she had become a woman possessed. A stark-raving, naked, woman possessed. This was not helping the situation with Harry's persistent erection and he really wished she would have left the sheet alone.

"I don't want Jack in bed with us," she seethed.

"Madelyn..."

"Be quiet."

'Okay, what the fuck,' he was struggling to keep up.

"When you treat me with kid gloves, when you hold back because you think I am damaged goods, or you are somehow trying to make up for my travesty of a failed relationship, you are bringing that man into our bed. It's like having sex with him in the fucking room, Harry!"

'Shit, had he done that? Not when he was making love to her. But when she had finished... and he hadn't?'

"Look at yourself, how long have you been hard for me, hmm? Oh, God. Harry, you made love to me, made me feel incredible, told me you loved me. But are you allowing me to show you that same love?"