Chapter 5 - Anything For A Friend

Thank you to my first two followers: mary_luvzyou and PattysPlace. Thanks for giving me inspiration to continue my story. Thanks to aztin18 and Bookgirl2896, too, who began following me just before I finished this chapter. Your support means alot.

Rhiannon

He just seriously asked me to have sex with him! This hot eighteen year old kid who was still in high school, the same kid I kissed when I was a year older than he was now, wanted to have sex with me? No way.

I was twenty-seven, and kind of plain. I did look young for my age, but nowhere near as young and pretty as the girls he was seeing at school everyday. What was he doing? Did Joey dare him to do this?

"Rhia, are you okay? If the answer is no, I can leave," he said, eyes downcast. "It was a really dumb idea, but I just thought, well, I actually didn't think all that much,"

"You're not dumb," I managed to spit out. I couldn't let my shell shock shatter his confidence. "I'm flattered, but I don't know if you really mean what you're saying," I babbled.

"Rhia, I mean it," he said, looking meaningfully into my eyes. "I've thought about this alot, too much, and I want my first time to be with you." He reached out gingerly, and took my hand in his. A chill ran through my body.

"You probably thought that since I'm old, I'd have a lot of sexual experience to draw from. Maybe you thought I'd be able to give you some useful tips," I reasoned.

"Not really, Rhee," he said, but I continued.

"I haven't had sex with many men. Who am I kidding? I haven't had sex with any men!" I practically screamed.

"So, you've had sex with women, then?" he asked, laughing. Before I could correct him, he said, "I know, don't tell me. It was No Boobs, wasn't it?"

I laughed. "No Boobs?" I questioned.

He smiled, and his face relaxed somewhat. "Jocelyn. That girl in the yellow bikini that tried to hit on me on Fourth of July."

I smiled. "Oh yeah, her," I replied. "Even if I liked women, she would certainly not be my type."

I couldn't believe I was telling Max about my lack of experience. I hadn't even openly talked about it with my friends since college. Not even Bria.

"What I mean is, I'm a virgin, too." It was quiet after my admission. I looked at Max, and he was looking at me like he was seeing me for the very first time. What was he thinking? His expression was soft, but the emotion behind it was unknown to me.

"I know it's weird," I started, "but I wanted to wait until I was married. Then, I got older, and wasn't married, and thought I'd wait for 'the one,' but he never showed either. Unless Dane is the one, I'm not sure if he...."

"You don't have to explain," he whispered huskily, reaching out and touching my lips gingerly as if to quiet me. "I'm not judging you."

My gaze lowered. I realized I was staring at the yellow checked tiles in my kitchen floor. His fingers lifted my head slowly, so that we were eye to eye.

"I've thought about this for awhile now, and I'm not sure about a lot of things. I only know one thing for sure, and it's that I trust you, and I want you to be the one who takes my virginity. We don't have to alter our lives. I'll still date Katie, you can still date Dane. I just want my first time to be with someone I trust, someone who won't laugh at me if I screw up. Do you get what I'm asking?"

I stared at him. This felt unreal. Did I want to do this? After all these years of being celibate, did I want to give it up to someone in this trivial of a situation? His eyes were searching my face, as if trying to read my expression. I saw so many feelings on his face: anxiousness, anticipation, affection, and .... was there a hint of admiration? How could I say no?