Chapter 19 - The Wedding Eve

It's almost wedding time!  I hope you enjoy this chapter.  It took me a long time to write this chapter because I had writer's block.  I wanted one whole chapter to be about the wedding, so I needed this chapter to fill in the gaps.  I decided to include other points of view besides just Rhia and Max.  I really hope you like it.  Once again, if I've goofed on any details of the story, let me know.  Thanks for all the votes, comments, and reads.  It means so much to me.  :-)

Rhia

We ended up waiting two weeks to get married. We needed a little more time to get the marriage license, as well as give our close friends and family enough time to clear their schedules. We figured we'd waited three years to be together, we could wait an extra week to tie the knot.

Some people might have thought we were jumping the gun by marrying so soon after finding each other, but we knew better. We both had respectable jobs, we were ready for kids (even if I thought Max might be a little young to be accepting the responsibility), and we were never planning on being with anyone but each other. What better reasons were there to get married? Some forty-year-olds weren't as ready as we were to do this. I knew that this was the correct decision on both our parts.

We continued to be maniacs in the bedroom. It seemed that we were never satisfied. We'd gotten to the point of sometimes locking the bathroom door on each other just to be able to take a decent shower every so often.

I'd noticed subtle changes in my body recently. I was hoping this meant I was pregnant. I was due to get my period a few days after the wedding. If I didn't get it, I'd be taking a pregnancy test. Max had even mentioned that my body felt different to him. I'm not sure if he really noticed, or if I had planted some unconscious idea in his head. Heaven knows, he looked at my body more than I did.

It still amazed me that sparks flew every time we touched. Kissing him more often than not led to some sort of sex. We'd managed to physically connect in every room of the apartment, including the outside hallway (don't ask). I loved how crazy we were. I knew it would end once we had kids, but I was enjoying it while it lasted. I had a feeling Max was, too.

Our wedding was going to be simple. We were getting married in my parents' back yard. If it rained, we had a little church booked for the occasion. Afterward, we were planning on an easygoing picnic, where everyone could enjoy themselves. We had only invited those closest to us.

My dress was simple, too. It was a sleek A-line that ended just below my knees. It was white, with simple satin accents. I would wear a simple white headband, with the veil attached. I hoped Max would like it. I was also planning a surprise for him. Let me just say I could see into the future.

I knew my mom wasn't completely sold on me marrying Max, but I knew she would eventually come around. I wasn't a kid, and I knew what I was doing. I would feel the same way if I were her, though, so I was able to shrug it off. I could also tell that Mrs. Malick was not ecstatic about gaining a thirty-year-old daughter-in-law. Thankfully, she trusted Max enough not to harp on him about it. Hopefully, she'd realize how happy we made each other, and would end up feeling more comfortable about the ordeal.

Bria was ecstatic. She was thrilled that I was finally happy. She explained that Dane had always creeped her out a little, but she hadn't wanted to say anything. She said that Max brought the 'real Rhia' back to her. She also mentioned that I should probably plan something special for the wedding night. I recalled a conversation she and I had a few days ago.

"So, you have anything special planned for the wedding night? You don't have to go into detail, but I was wondering how two sex crazed kids like you were going to ramp it up," Bria asked.